Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 03:11 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
It would be Great for Vancouver to have a PNW Rival with Seattle plus under a 3 hour drive to either city so it means fans of both teams could make it and Vancouver fans would go to watch what ever team Seattle gets and if you get a team we (Vancouver fans ) will come down to games and support your team
Anybody following the NBA arena know very well that Seattle is LOOKING for NBA/NHL teams for the yet to be built arena in Seattle WA ( and can afford it ) .

Kansas City is LOOKING but can't afford NBA or NHL teams otherwise they would have them ( They Already Have A Arena BUILT Sprint Arena ) in Kansas City MO.

Sacramento would be a strong contender if and when Seattle takes the Sacramento Kings to Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 04:19 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,739 times
Seattle should have an NHL team, the weather there fits it, plus maybe it can make up for Seattle losing the SuperSonics in a way

Old 03-09-2013, 05:34 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
Seattle Seals? Seattle Sailors? Seattle Stormers? Seattle Washingtons?

Old 03-12-2013, 11:25 AM

3,082 posts, read 5,438,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Seattle Seals? Seattle Sailors? Seattle Stormers? Seattle Washingtons?
The Seattle Storm Hockey Club.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 PM

469 posts, read 567,041 times
London Knights (London Ontario) Or Hamilton Ontario will have a team in the near future i believe. Really pushing for it up north

Old 03-14-2013, 04:09 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,696,809 times
With the new realignment, I'd like to see two cities get a future NHL expansion team. And yes, I know this is a long shot. Anyways, here ya go:

Division A:

Seattle

Division B:

Milwaukee

As for the Lightning and Panthers who look awkwardly alone, how can we fix their issue?

Old 03-15-2013, 10:24 PM

127 posts, read 192,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
With the new realignment, I'd like to see two cities get a future NHL expansion team. And yes, I know this is a long shot. Anyways, here ya go:

Division A:

Seattle

Division B:

Milwaukee

As for the Lightning and Panthers who look awkwardly alone, how can we fix their issue?

I don't think alignment is going to factor in to the decision on the next expansion markets at all... maybe as a tiebreaker if the committee is presented with two equal ownership groups.

I think you can pencil in Seattle and Quebec. Probably one of those is a relocation spot which will open up another expansion team. Quebec, at minimum, will push either Columbus or Detroit back to the West. If team # 32 is Greater Toronto (or miraculously Hartford or Atlanta), then both teams will have to go back West. Maybe they can bargain with Florida and Tampa to move in with the other Sunbelt teams in the West (along with Winnipeg). I can't imagine why FLO or TB would do that. I would imagine that to some degree the Florida teams will be a true extension of the Northeast between retirement homes and winter vacations. I'm sure they're loving the idea of having the Leafs, Bruins, Canadiens, and Red Wings coming to town.

Colorado is your swing team to the Pacific if Houston, KC, or Milwaukee come in to play.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
I wish Cleveland would get one. Think about it, cold, blue collar, tough, gritty.... It could work. Seriously though, I don't know why NHL isn't a big draw here. They don't even plug the Columbus Blue Jackets here. Maybe it's because we're too big on our football in this town.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:02 AM

127 posts, read 192,459 times
Are most of the Blue Jackets games broadcast on Cleveland cable? Not marketing to Cleveland at all seems like an epic marketing fail. They do have the Ohio flag in their logo.

I know they're not right next door, but between Columbus and Cleveland, all five leagues are represented. On paper, it would actually seem like a good distribution. Cleveland has year-round sports between the Indians, Browns, and Cavs. Columbus has a winter pro team, a summer pro team (and a AAA team).

Old 03-17-2013, 12:18 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
New Seattle Arena (hockey config.)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey