Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 11:45 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,468,918 times

Advertisements

That was a brutal lose. First time in Arizona history (since they relocated from Winnipeg) the Coyotes swept a back-to-back in Anaheim & Los Angeles. Now my dreaded "worst game of the year" takes place between my two favorite teams in the Isles & Kings Thursday night. I'll have the numbers tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 10:55 PM

Default 9-6-0

Coyotes 3 @ Kings 2.

Dustin Brown got his first for the Kings in the 1st, and Martin Hanzal tied it for the 'Yotes later to tie the score at 1-1 after 1. Toffoli put the Kings back on top in the 2nd with his team leading 10th goal, while Hanzal knotted the score at 2-2 after 2 with his 2nd of the game. Brad Richardson got the games lone 3rd period goal which turned out to be the game winner. Mike Smith was the winner for the Coyotes, he stopped 33 of 35 shots by the Kings, including a couple in the final minutes to preserve the win, while Quick took the loss as he stopped 22 of 25 shots by the Coyotes. Hanzal with his 2 goals was the first star, Oliver Ekman-Larssan recorded 1 point for the 2nd star, while Dustin Brown got the 3rd star.

Kings continue their home stand Thursday night against the Islanders, with a puck drop around 10:40 PM; Coyotes will return home to face the Oilers on Thursday with a puck drop slated for 9:08 PM.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:31 PM

Default 10-6-0

Isles 1 @ Kings 2.

Jhonas Enroth got his 3rd start of the year, but his first start at home @ Staples and he put in another beauty of a performance. He gave up the first goal of the game to Brock Nelson in the first, but Doughty tied it with a power play goal to knot us at 1's after 1. Milan Lucic had the final goal of the game about 3 and a half minutes into the 2nd period, which may have even gone off of Isles defensemen Jonny Boychuk. 3rd period was entertaining with the Kings just missing a couple open nets, while on the other end Enroth made great saves to preserve the 2 points. Since I'm an Isles fan as well I was hoping the Isles could tie it at the end there, so at least one of them could pick up that losers point. Winning goaltender is Enroth he stopped 31 of 32 Isles shots; Jaroslov Halak takes the loss for the Isles as he stopped only 20 of 22 shots by the Kings. Doughty was the first star he finished with 1 goal, Lucic was the second star with his game winning goal, Jake Muzzin got the 3rd star even though he registered 0 points on the night.

Kings return to the ice on Saturday when they'll conclude this 5 game home stand against the Oilers. Faceoff will be around 10:08 PM Sunday night. Isles stay in the area as they'll head to the Honda Center in Anaheim and try to get back to Brooklyn 2-1 through California as they face the Ducks. Faceoff for that game will be around 10:08 on Friday.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:24 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Gee, I looked at our December schedule. Brutal road trip. And the rest of our November schedule is pretty easy, so we need to be able to win most of these games going into a rough December...or we will be right back where we are every January.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:02 AM

Even this upcoming road trip is tough. I know outside of Tampa the teams aren't very good on this upcoming road trip, but it's always difficult playing on the opposite coast of the country. And the December schedule is brutal. 10 road games vs. only 4 home games, with 6 of those 10 taking place in the Eastern time zone. December won't kill us, but you have to think if we are still holding a playoff spot on the morning of January 1 we are in pretty good shape for a playoff spot. Sure, we've still got 5 against the Ducks, 2 vs. the Rangers, 2 vs. the Caps, 3 vs. the Stars after New Years, but it really opens up when December ends.

Old 11-14-2015, 04:04 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Even this upcoming road trip is tough. I know outside of Tampa the teams aren't very good on this upcoming road trip, but it's always difficult playing on the opposite coast of the country. And the December schedule is brutal. 10 road games vs. only 4 home games, with 6 of those 10 taking place in the Eastern time zone. December won't kill us, but you have to think if we are still holding a playoff spot on the morning of January 1 we are in pretty good shape for a playoff spot. Sure, we've still got 5 against the Ducks, 2 vs. the Rangers, 2 vs. the Caps, 3 vs. the Stars after New Years, but it really opens up when December ends.
Good points. I am going to two more Kings games this month! On the 22nd vs the Hurricanes here in Raleigh, and on the 25th vs the Lightning. Do we go to New York on the road trip next month?

Old 11-14-2015, 11:03 PM

Nah New York is in February.

This trip is the southern teams (Panthers, Lighting, & Canes) along with the Wings & Flyers.
December takes us to the Eastern Canadian teams (Leafs, Habs, Sens) along with the Jackets, Pens & Sabres.
The final trip has the 95 corridor teams, minus the Flyers: Bruins, Isles, Rangers, Devils & Caps.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:10 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Nah New York is in February.

This trip is the southern teams (Panthers, Lighting, & Canes) along with the Wings & Flyers.
December takes us to the Eastern Canadian teams (Leafs, Habs, Sens) along with the Jackets, Pens & Sabres.
The final trip has the 95 corridor teams, minus the Flyers: Bruins, Isles, Rangers, Devils & Caps.
Hopefully you plan on going?

Old 11-15-2015, 02:12 PM

Yah. Probably to the Isles game and hopefully the Rangers game. I think the Devils game is at noon on a Sunday, so I'll probably skip that since it'll take me forever to get to Newark on a weekend.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:25 PM

Default 11-6-0

Oilers 3 @ Kings 4.

Gabi & Pearson got goals in the first to put us up 2-0 after 1. Lucic scored in the second sandwiched around 2 Oilers goals first by Leon Draisaitl and then by Teddy Purcell to leave us up 3-2 after 2. Taylor Hall tied it in the 3rd, and Shore scored the game winner with about 1:40 to play in the 3rd. Cam Talbot took the loss, he stopped 24 of 28 Kings shots, while Quick got the win stopping 22 of 25 Oilers shots. Not a great showing by either goaltender. Pearson was the first star, along with his goal he tallied also 2 assists for 3 points on the night, Teddy Purcell for Edmonton was the second star he had 1 goal and 1 assist, while Shore's game winner gave him the 3rd star.

Kings embark on their first of 2 road trips out east in the next 4 weeks, as they'll open up the 5 game trip in Philadelphia on Tuesday night in a reasonable starting time, 7:08 , while the Oilers are off until Wednesday when they host the defending cup champs Blackhawks at Rexall place at 9:38.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey