Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2016, 04:43 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I think this would've been an exact carbon copy of last year had they beaten Edmonton that final week of the season and snuck in last year. That's why I wasn't totally disappointed they missed it last year because I knew it was probably going to be a short stay, 2 series max.
I think so too. Will be interesting to see who we pick up in the off-season. Sounds like Lucic really wants to stay a King, which is good. Either way, next season should be exciting...we have the All-Star game in LA too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 11:50 AM
PDF

I am ready for some Kings hockey and it's only August.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:10 PM

2,947 posts, read 5,191,791 times
Any chance they'll return to the black and purple uniforms? Live those!

They use them as alternates, or not even? They'll wear the purple and gold more than the purple and black?

Old 08-14-2016, 02:02 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I am ready for some Kings hockey and it's only August.
I'm ready for pretty much any hockey, have been since the Finals ended!

The Kings are my second favorite team, which sounds weird when I tell people that, since the Devils are my favorite team. Because the two teams faced in the finals a few years back.

I've been a Devils fan for about 22 or 23 years now and they'll always be my favorite. But I started following the Kings as a second favorite team when I moved out to California in 2010. I had game center and watched EVERY Devils game, but since the Devils games were over by 7:30 or so local time (if I was watching a little behind real time, due to not getting home from work until 4:30 or 5:00 Pacific time), I would watch the Kings games at 7:30 Pacific. I didn't like the Ducks, Sharks or Canucks much, so I started following the Kings after the Eastern Conference games ended for the night. It just so happened in my second year of the Kings being my second favorite team, they squared off against the Devils in the SCF, which I rooted for the Devils of course, as I always will no matter what. It also helped that the Kings had Jonathan Quick, who was the closest goaltender to remind me of Brodeur or Hasek in modern times, outside of PavelSUCK who is absolute trash.

But I do continue to watch the Kings games when the Devils aren't on at the same time, even though I'm back on the East Coast now and most of their games start at 10:30 PM for me. I just usually stay up until 1:00-1:30 AM for their games during the season!

I could talk some more about the Kings, but I'm not feeling them this season. I think they can make the playoffs though. Cap situation is geting ugly. Hopefully Las Vegas drafts Dustin Brown in the expansion draft next year.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:28 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I'm ready for pretty much any hockey, have been since the Finals ended!

The Kings are my second favorite team, which sounds weird when I tell people that, since the Devils are my favorite team. Because the two teams faced in the finals a few years back.

I've been a Devils fan for about 22 or 23 years now and they'll always be my favorite. But I started following the Kings as a second favorite team when I moved out to California in 2010. I had game center and watched EVERY Devils game, but since the Devils games were over by 7:30 or so local time (if I was watching a little behind real time, due to not getting home from work until 4:30 or 5:00 Pacific time), I would watch the Kings games at 7:30 Pacific. I didn't like the Ducks, Sharks or Canucks much, so I started following the Kings after the Eastern Conference games ended for the night. It just so happened in my second year of the Kings being my second favorite team, they squared off against the Devils in the SCF, which I rooted for the Devils of course, as I always will no matter what. It also helped that the Kings had Jonathan Quick, who was the closest goaltender to remind me of Brodeur or Hasek in modern times, outside of PavelSUCK who is absolute trash.

But I do continue to watch the Kings games when the Devils aren't on at the same time, even though I'm back on the East Coast now and most of their games start at 10:30 PM for me. I just usually stay up until 1:00-1:30 AM for their games during the season!

I could talk some more about the Kings, but I'm not feeling them this season. I think they can make the playoffs though. Cap situation is geting ugly. Hopefully Las Vegas drafts Dustin Brown in the expansion draft next year.
Interesting story! I grew up in Tampa but was living in LA at the time of the 2012 Cup run, and have been a fan ever since. Was never into hockey much before that, so I was never a Lightning fan aside from going to a few games a year. But I recently moved to NYC, and have yet to decide if I'll be a Rangers/Devils/Islanders fan as my backup. All I know is I'll get to go to 3 Kings games in the span of a week! I do take an annual trip out to LA to watch games anyway.

Quick is very similar to Brodeur, so that makes sense. I'm not sure how strong we will be this season either, but we always play our best when we aren't the favorite. Was hoping Lucic stuck around, it seemed like he was a King for years rather than just one. I'm OK with losing Dustin Brown, but we must keep Toffoli.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Interesting story! I grew up in Tampa but was living in LA at the time of the 2012 Cup run, and have been a fan ever since. Was never into hockey much before that, so I was never a Lightning fan aside from going to a few games a year. But I recently moved to NYC, and have yet to decide if I'll be a Rangers/Devils/Islanders fan as my backup. All I know is I'll get to go to 3 Kings games in the span of a week! I do take an annual trip out to LA to watch games anyway.

Quick is very similar to Brodeur, so that makes sense. I'm not sure how strong we will be this season either, but we always play our best when we aren't the favorite. Was hoping Lucic stuck around, it seemed like he was a King for years rather than just one. I'm OK with losing Dustin Brown, but we must keep Toffoli.
I'm worried about goal scoring with the Kings right now. Lucic pretty much replaced Williams (and was an upgrade to Williams) but now Lucic was replaced with Teddy Purcell, which is a downgrade. I'm hoping a younger prospect can step in and surprise. I'd absolutely keep Toffoli and all of the core guys other than Brown. I think he's finished and his contract is brutal! I'm hoping Vegas takes him in the expansion draft!

I still go to every Devils game in Florida, both arenas are a 4 hour drive for me though. But I go to each game they play the Panthers and Lightning down here. Luckily they're playing two games a piece down here this year, two different trips to Florida they'll be making this year. But usually Florida has not been kind to the Devils in recent years. They lose most of the games down here the last 3 seasons, with the exception of the first trip down here at the beginning of the season in 14-15!

Old 08-18-2016, 03:07 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Any chance they'll return to the black and purple uniforms? Live those!

They use them as alternates, or not even? They'll wear the purple and gold more than the purple and black?

Maybe a couple times. I want to say they wore them a couple times last year but I don't recall

Old 09-19-2016, 06:05 PM
PDF

I'm flying out to LA for opening night! Where's that Flyers fan at?

Old 09-26-2016, 09:21 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Quote:
I'm flying out to LA for opening night! Where's that Flyers fan at?

That's awesome! Unfortumately I had to cancel my NHL.TV subscription , since I wasn't able to watch anything last year since I was working 5 or 6 nights of the week, so this year it'll be a lot of Nick Nickson & Daryl Evans from the radio booth on Sirius XM.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
That's awesome! Unfortumately I had to cancel my NHL.TV subscription , since I wasn't able to watch anything last year since I was working 5 or 6 nights of the week, so this year it'll be a lot of Nick Nickson & Daryl Evans from the radio booth on Sirius XM.
You need a DVR!

But I know how sometimes it's hard to keep up with things when you got hours of stuff on your DVR that you haven't watched yet. When I lived in California, I usually got off and back home around 5:00-6:00 PM, which was 8:00 or 9:00 PM Eastern. So the Devils games were already a period, if not 2 periods into the game. But I had game center and was able to watch from the beginning when I got home. I had to try really hard to miss accidentally reading the real time scores though. I do have DVR now, but I try and watch every game in real time and live. It's easier now, since I'm back east again and in the same time zone.

Gaborik is out 8 weeks, not good news for the Kings. He wasn't that good last year when healthy, but he's still better than not having him at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey