U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 07:32 PM

7,902 posts, read 8,436,222 times

Advertisements

NOBODY wants to face the Kings in the playoffs. If they land a meeting with Anaheim in the first round, they might as well all be considered home games! KINGS NATION!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 01:40 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,082,566 times
You Kings fans treat Rej well, now. As a Canes fan it sucks to give him up, but it looks like it was a case where we just wouldn't be able to resign him. I think you'll like his game and he's already familiar with Futa, Regehr, and Gaborik. It's a little funny that you guys have both McBain and Sekera, clearly you guys won that trade, winding up with both pieces of it.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:11 PM
Status: "Some humans ain't human Though they walk like we do" (set 28 days ago)

22,337 posts, read 23,603,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
NOBODY wants to face the Kings in the playoffs. If they land a meeting with Anaheim in the first round, they might as well all be considered home games! KINGS NATION!
or, maybe it won't even happen anyways

Old 03-05-2015, 08:48 AM

672 posts, read 659,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
or, maybe it won't even happen anyways
I do think that the Kings will limp into the playoffs, but it wont be easy for them. As of today, they have 19 games to play, 8 of which are home games. They do get to play the Oilers and the Avs twice, the Yotes and Devils once, but play the Sharks 3 times, Canucks 2 times, and also play the Blackhawks, Preds, Pens, Isles, Habs, Rags, Wild, and Flames, all of whom are tied with or above them in the points dept (all of whom are good teams fighting for playoff spots or standing). It's a tough schedule for them, especially playing against the Sharks three times, which regardless of if they win or lose, those games tend to be gritty, hard hitting, fast, tiring affairs.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:28 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 11,201,585 times
Going to be a tough final 10 games, especially with this road trip.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:06 AM
PDF

Well, great game tonight! But we have some tough ones ahead. Let's do it.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:29 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,978,137 times
Nice start to the road trip with wins over the Devils (expected) and the Rangers with the Isles, Hawks, and Wild coming up. Coming in, I knew a 3-1-1 (7 point trip) would keep us afloat 2-1-2 (6 point trip) would probably be good enough too. Anything below 6 points and they probably dug a hole too deep to get out of, anything more then 7 points gives us a cushion. A ton of hockey left, but so far, so good and keep the train rolling. Only unfortunate thing about Thursday's game is I'm an Isles fan as well, and that's a team that has really been struggling lately. Each team really NEEDS the 2 points (I've pretty much given up on catching the Rangers for the division as they have 3 games in hand): Kings to stay in the Western conference playoff race, Isles to hold off Pitt/Wash for home ice in round 1. Usually I HATE OT and shootouts, but I'm gonna be actively rooting for OT so at least each team gets 1 point, and then I'll go from there.

Hopefully after 50 shootout rounds the power goes out at the barn, and they just award both teams 2 points

And sorry I haven't been around to update the thread I fractured my wrist a couple weeks ago and still recovering from that.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:31 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Nice start to the road trip with wins over the Devils (expected) and the Rangers with the Isles, Hawks, and Wild coming up. Coming in, I knew a 3-1-1 (7 point trip) would keep us afloat 2-1-2 (6 point trip) would probably be good enough too. Anything below 6 points and they probably dug a hole too deep to get out of, anything more then 7 points gives us a cushion. A ton of hockey left, but so far, so good and keep the train rolling. Only unfortunate thing about Thursday's game is I'm an Isles fan as well, and that's a team that has really been struggling lately. Each team really NEEDS the 2 points (I've pretty much given up on catching the Rangers for the division as they have 3 games in hand): Kings to stay in the Western conference playoff race, Isles to hold off Pitt/Wash for home ice in round 1. Usually I HATE OT and shootouts, but I'm gonna be actively rooting for OT so at least each team gets 1 point, and then I'll go from there.

Hopefully after 50 shootout rounds the power goes out at the barn, and they just award both teams 2 points

And sorry I haven't been around to update the thread I fractured my wrist a couple weeks ago and still recovering from that.
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Well we just won 3 road games in a row...I'm not sure how, but we just played good I guess.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:54 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,978,137 times
Onto Chicago & Minnesota to end this grueling trip. Only 1 point back of a playoff spot.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:26 AM
PDF

Tough loss, but Calgary gave us some breathing room. The second to last game of the season against them could be the deciding factor. The game against Chicago tomorrow should be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey