Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2017, 05:00 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times

Advertisements

Woah...who saw this coming?

Kings land Ben Bishop in big trade with Lightning

Tampa gets Budaj. Will always remember what he did for us this season. I grew up in Tampa but got into hockey after I left, so was always a Kings fan. But still, wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 06:39 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
That was a great game. After the first two periods it seemed like our offense was in the same hole...but then guys like Toffoli and Brown turned it on. Quick made some vintage saves, Sutter became all-time Kings leader in wins, Carter got his 30th goal of season.

4 points behind Calgary with a game in hand, and we also play them 4 times before the end of the season. With Quick back, and mostly home games, I like our chances.
Calgary has some very uninspiring goaltending. I'm not one of the 59485945894 hockey fans that believes in a such thing as a ''System goaltender'', but I think if there is a such thing, Brian Elliott is definitely that. He's been junk everywhere he's played when Hitchcock wasn't behind the bench. There's really no excuse to lose out on a playoff spot to that team.
Quote:
Woah...who saw this coming?

Kings land Ben Bishop in big trade with Lightning

Tampa gets Budaj. Will always remember what he did for us this season. I grew up in Tampa but got into hockey after I left, so was always a Kings fan. But still, wow.
I think it's a little useless, but it wasn't overpayment by any means. Bishop definitely has a higher ceiling than Budaj, even though Bishop has had a poor season by his standards. A lot of elite goalies have had poor seasons this year, in comparison to past years. Lundqvist, Schneider, Rask, Bishop. Price, although not bad at all, has not played at the level he did for the prior 3 years.

This trade broke hfboards too haha.

And that Hanzal trade tho, holy overpayment Minnesota.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:39 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Calgary has some very uninspiring goaltending. I'm not one of the 59485945894 hockey fans that believes in a such thing as a ''System goaltender'', but I think if there is a such thing, Brian Elliott is definitely that. He's been junk everywhere he's played when Hitchcock wasn't behind the bench. There's really no excuse to lose out on a playoff spot to that team.
That reminds me. I went to a Flames practice a few weeks back when they were playing in NYC. They wanted to do something different and held an outdoor practice in Central Park. It was pretty cool. Here are some photos.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
That reminds me. I went to a Flames practice a few weeks back when they were playing in NYC. They wanted to do something different and held an outdoor practice in Central Park. It was pretty cool. Here are some photos.

That's pretty sweet! Nice pics! I don't get to see any hockey where I am, unless I drive to Sunrise or Tampa. I did see the Devils play the Lightning and Panthers two times each in Florida this year. Saw both games in October and both in November. I also got to catch the Devils play the Sharks a couple weeks ago on Sunday afternoon, when I was visiting in Jersey for a few days.

Tonight wasn't a good loss for the Kings. Very poor loss. Minnesota was missing 2 pretty good forwards in Parise and Pominville, both out with mumps. Scored 4 goals (pretty rare these days for the Kings) and lost. I thought the game tying goal on Quick was a weak one. Between that and Schneider's two weak goals in tonight's Devils game, I'm gonna be dreaming about weak goals all night.

Dean really needs to trade for some forwards who can score, the scoring is awful on this team, which you would never know by tonight's game. If not for Sutter's system, which suppresses shots on goal, the Kings would be out of the playoff race this year, with how awful the offense has been. Zatkoff also flushed a few points down the toilet too, especially the last game he played against the Rangers. He also didn't do much in the way of helping gain any points. Deano needs to sign a better backup next year, Quick shouldn't be playing 65-70 games anymore, with a couple surgeries in the past few years. I'm fine with bringing Budaj back as a UFA if that's the route they go. Obviously Bishop is only for the rest of this year. Some team like Philly or Dallas will go after him in UFA.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:47 AM
PDF

Quote:
That's pretty sweet! Nice pics! I don't get to see any hockey where I am, unless I drive to Sunrise or Tampa. I did see the Devils play the Lightning and Panthers two times each in Florida this year. Saw both games in October and both in November. I also got to catch the Devils play the Sharks a couple weeks ago on Sunday afternoon, when I was visiting in Jersey for a few days.
But you have Whataburger.

Yeah, pretty terrible game last night. 4 leads and couldn't win. Then I thought OK, we're dominant in OT. Nope.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:30 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
plus the Wilds were coming off their bye week where teams have been having a difficult time winning

Old 02-28-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
But you have Whataburger.

Yeah, pretty terrible game last night. 4 leads and couldn't win. Then I thought OK, we're dominant in OT. Nope.
The fiance LOVES the Krystal burgers. She's a tiny little thing that can literally eat whatever she wants. If she eats 500-1000 extra calories than normal one day, her body uses it and just burns it off. That and 4-5 hours of working out a week. While I can only eat about 17500 calories per week to maintain my weight, depending on level of activity and exercise.

I'm sure this will **** off some Kings fans, but I won't apologize. I think Dean Lombardi has done a very poor job with this team since the 2014 cup win. He was amazing from 2006-2014 though and the guy is a legend. But he's done an AWFUL job with this team since the cup win in 2014. I would say the same thing about Lou with the Devils post-2003 cup win. Although Lou didn't really start to get crazy until two years after that, when the 04-05 lockout ended.

All of his moves since the 2014 cup win have been suspect. All of his signings this year have been garbage and all 3 of the more significant signings in Purcell, Zatkoff and Setoguchi (who was a a PTO) are all currently chilling in club med Ontario of the AHL. And he only signed Purcell because he had to dumpster dive because the team is in cap hell and he had to go cheap on that one. You got the Gaborik contract, you can't sign Gaborik to a contract that takes him to 39 years old, when he's been in the league since he was 18. He's already older than most players his age, due to his NHL mileage. Then he passes on his chance to use a get out of jail free card on Mike Richards, after the cup win. Could have bought him out and had it not count against the cap. Richards was already questionable by that time, but he opted to give him another chance, then he ends up in the AHL a little more than halfway into the next year and now he has a recapture hit on the salary cap until some point in the 2030's or something?

Then he trades a first round pick for Andrej Sekera in the 14-15 season, when it was clear that the team needed offense more than a defenseman. Then they miss the playoffs anyway and Sekera walks. Which was fine, because I didn't think they should have re-signed him. They just shouldn't have traded for him in the first place. Then they trade for Lucic the next Summer, who was really just replacing Williams spot in the lineup, even if Lucic is a little better than Williams at this point in their careers. Then Lucic walks and team is in cap trouble and you gotta go cheap with the Teddy Purcell signing. Then he trades for another #1 goalie, which wasn't a high price to pay, but was useless when the team can't score. This team can't score and they only win the possession and corsi battle because of Sutter's system. So a guy like Bishop is gonna keep them in more games, but their pathetic and league ranked 24th offense is also keeping the other teams in the games and giving the other team a chance to get to OT, which is exactly what happened tonight in Calgary. I won't even go into him being the constructor of that joke of a Team USA that we saw at the World Cup Of Hockey last Fall, as that doesn't pertain to the Kings.

If I really was not being rational here, I would be calling him out for the Dustin Brown contract. I don't think that's fair though, as Brown didn't fall off a cliff until after that contract and at the time it was signed, it was fair value. And Dustin Brown is having his best season since before that extension, though he's still not worth that money. Just ranting here a little bit, but Deano has been pretty lousy for the better part of 3 years. I hope Sutter isn't the one to pay for it.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:17 PM
PDF

Quote:
The fiance LOVES the Krystal burgers. She's a tiny little thing that can literally eat whatever she wants. If she eats 500-1000 extra calories than normal one day, her body uses it and just burns it off. That and 4-5 hours of working out a week. While I can only eat about 17500 calories per week to maintain my weight, depending on level of activity and exercise.
Haha, that's funny. Krystal's is good.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:07 PM

Another terrible loss. Would have been nice if Bishop stopped the Goldobin goal, I know the other 3 were weird and he had no chance on any of the others.

Quote:
Haha, that's funny. Krystal's is good.
I like it and I don't really much fast food. I'm more of a White Castle guy, coming from Jersey. We don't have them down here though, unless it's in the grocery freezer aisle.

Krystal's chili cheese fries are the like the GOAT!

I also like Hardee's which we didn't have in Jersey, though I had them out West in California, only they were Carl's Jr out there. I think the menu might have been slightly different too!

Old 03-13-2017, 08:52 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Big one vs. St. Louis tonight. Unfortunately, with how hot the Flames have been and the points Zatkoff pissed away in the beginning of the year I don't see them clinching a top 3 spot in the division unless the Flames, Sharks or Ducks totally choke. Possible with the Flames, but the Ducks & Sharks don't choke until the playoffs, so it looks like the Wildcard is the only entrance to the postseason. With only 14 games left after this evening, and currently 3 points behind the Blues for WC 2, every game from here on out should be treated like a playoff game. Not entirely impossible, but trying to catch up 5 points with only 14 games remaining is a pretty tall order, and that's what's staring them in the face with a loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey