Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 03:18 PM

17,165 posts, read 15,373,458 times

Advertisements

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl...nts/ar-BBWBM39

I get that his comments may have been in "poor taste," but he's been like that for as long as I can remember, and it's part of why his show was so different. Firing him for that? After all these years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 03:35 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Sad way for an icon to exit but it wouldn't be the first time a broadcaster overstayed his welcome and overstepped his bounds. Look for a garage sale real soon to liquidate those suits because where else would you wear them?

Old 11-11-2019, 03:57 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
I'd like to personally thank him for his Bunch of Jerks rant about the Hurricanes post-game win celebrations last season. Because of that, I found myself engaging more and more with people who otherwise don't watch/follow Hockey. Thanks Don, happy retirement!

Old 11-11-2019, 04:37 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I'd like to personally thank him for his Bunch of Jerks rant about the Hurricanes post-game win celebrations last season. Because of that, I found myself engaging more and more with people who otherwise don't watch/follow Hockey. Thanks Don, happy retirement!
I almost forgot about that. I came close to buying one of those T-shirts at one of the watch parties they threw on Glenwood in front of the Ale House. Probably a collectible now...

Old 11-11-2019, 10:33 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post

I get that his comments may have been in "poor taste," but he's been like that for as long as I can remember, and it's part of why his show was so different. Firing him for that? After all these years?
Sportsnet was just waiting for an excuse. Grapes' contract was no doubt a factor. That network has been shredding cost.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:06 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I almost forgot about that. I came close to buying one of those T-shirts at one of the watch parties they threw on Glenwood in front of the Ale House. Probably a collectible now...
You can still buy them although I don't think the team makes them anymore, they're all knock-offs now.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:43 AM

231 posts, read 113,242 times
We need full complaisance with the holy religious dogma, tolerating these Don Cherry speech crimes will only lead to many people committing daily thoughtcrimes. The masses require a public flogging to put some fear in them that thought crimes will not be tolerated by the controllers of the cultural choke points.

Old 11-14-2019, 08:55 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post

Agreed ,he was what he was and he carried it on for 30 years, while some of what he said was in poor taste he has been saying things in poor taste for 30 years,. . While some of his diatribe could be considered questionable i dont need some overly pc person to dictate to me what i can and cannot watch on tv,heck if its not to my liking i can change the channel eh!

Old 11-17-2019, 10:46 AM

7,080 posts, read 8,941,070 times
Don Cherry did nothing wrong. If immigrants can’t respect their host countries then they should go back to where they came from or reevaluate their reasons for moving there in the first place.

Keep in mind Justin Trudeau wore blackface and was re-elected anyway.

Old 11-18-2019, 06:19 AM

2,397 posts, read 1,565,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Don Cherry did nothing wrong. If immigrants can’t respect their host countries then they should go back to where they came from or reevaluate their reasons for moving there in the first place.

Keep in mind Justin Trudeau wore blackface and was re-elected anyway.
but the point is he was wrong immigrants ( broadly speaking as he was) do respect the sacrifices made by Canada's veterans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey