U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 09:51 AM

11,802 posts, read 8,459,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
On July 1 Subbans no trade clause kicks in.
If they do trade him before the deadline it wouldnt surprise me as everything Montreal does seems to assure their place in mediocrity.
Yeah, like drafting a defenseman in the first round
Because CLEARLY we don't need more offensive production.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 09:36 PM

20,583 posts, read 21,281,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
On July 1 Subbans no trade clause kicks in.
If they do trade him before the deadline it wouldnt surprise me as everything Montreal does seems to assure their place in mediocrity.
With or without Subban, the Canadiens have not improved much. A slow start or missing the postseason should be enough to make changes in coaching and in the front office.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yeah, like drafting a defenseman in the first round
Because CLEARLY we don't need more offensive production.
If the Canadiens are fine with their offensive production, more power to them. Bottom dwelling in the Atlantic Division may be interesting this season.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
With or without Subban, the Canadiens have not improved much. A slow start or missing the postseason should be enough to make changes in coaching and in the front office.
Exactly. Why this hasn't been done is beyond me.
Therrien's obsession with Desharnais is ridiculous.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:24 AM

3,885 posts, read 1,613,035 times
The Habs just gave Andrew Shaw $3.9 million for 6 years. I liked Shaw with the Blackhawks, but I've watched him for the last 5 years and while he brings energy, that's too much money for too long a term.

These are the kinds of contracts that kill a team 3-4 years down the road when they want to sign some better talent and find they don't have the cap space.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
The Habs just gave Andrew Shaw $3.9 million for 6 years. I liked Shaw with the Blackhawks, but I've watched him for the last 5 years and while he brings energy, that's too much money for too long a term.

These are the kinds of contracts that kill a team 3-4 years down the road when they want to sign some better talent and find they don't have the cap space.
He's a less-skilled, dirtier version of Gallagher. Not sure why they think they need that on their roster.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Exactly. Why this hasn't been done is beyond me. Therrien's obsession with Desharnais is ridiculous.
If the Habs are mostly losing 20 games into the 2016-2017 season, both Bergevin and Therrien should involuntarily separate.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:47 PM

2,066 posts, read 3,412,295 times
Default Habs trade Subban to Preds for Weber

As if I needed another reason to hate Bergevin! Besides Patch & Price,he trades his only elite player for a slower,aging Weber!

Another blockbuster! Habs trade Subban to Preds for Weber – ProHockeyTalk

Old 06-29-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
As if I needed another reason to hate Bergevin! Besides Patch & Price,he trades his only elite player for a slower,aging Weber!

Another blockbuster! Habs trade Subban to Preds for Weber – ProHockeyTalk
I know. Absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!
Loved by the entire city on the ice and off. What the hell is he smoking? Why didn't he send Therrien to Nashville instead?

Old 06-29-2016, 04:07 PM

2,066 posts, read 3,412,295 times
Quote:
I know. Absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!
Loved by the entire city on the ice and off. What the hell is he smoking? Why didn't he send Therrien to Nashville instead?

Therrien's not even qualified to coach in the AHL! I'd like to see a Montreal paper and their comments about this. PK is loved in the city and has done so much on and off the ice including donating 10 Mil to the children's hospital. This isn't going to sit well for the fans (it's not with me) and hopefully they'll be calling for some heads on this one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey