U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2016, 09:12 PM

2,066 posts, read 3,412,295 times

Advertisements

10-1

Glad this time the Avs were the ones on the receiving end.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 11:41 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,062,937 times
not just them, no NHL team in Canada has won the Stanley Cup since 1993

Old 12-13-2016, 01:25 PM

11,802 posts, read 8,459,319 times
The problem with them is that they STILL don't have consistent scorers. Pacioretty has a good shot, sure, but is he really going to lead the offense the way top teams' top players do? Montreal has a bunch of mediocre players, with a few good ones, but no one is really GREAT. This was in part why I was so annoyed with management over the summer. You trade Subban for Weber, when the problem was never defense to begin with.
Let's hope Price stays healthy this year, but the way he's been getting plowed into so often lately, I doubt it.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:36 PM

439 posts, read 287,291 times
Montreal Canadians? Oh, I was there the other week. They seemed fine...Oh, you meant the Montreal Canadiens. They're okay too...

Bad blood continues as Bruins best Canadiens in OT - NHL on CBC Sports - Hockey news, opinion, scores, stats, standings

Old 02-08-2017, 12:11 PM

35,319 posts, read 44,711,445 times
After another great start to the season they are starting to slip into their usual mediocrity. Expect no cup this year from the Habs.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:26 PM

2,764 posts, read 1,422,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
After another great start to the season they are starting to slip into their usual mediocrity. Expect no cup this year from the Habs.
I never expected a cup for them this year. Not with Therrien there, another crap head coach.

Can you believe he's now the 4th longest tenured coach in the NHL, with the Julien firing yesterday? That's hilarious that only 3 teams haven't made a head coaching change since they hired Therrien there. 2 of the head coaches that have managed to last longer have multiple cups this decade. Don't even ask me what Tippett is still doing in Arizona after almost 8 years.

Julien used to coach there, so we know he can speak French!

Old 02-09-2017, 04:49 AM

35,319 posts, read 44,711,445 times
I start every hockey season with the expectation my team is going to go all the way and win the cup,i definitely got spoiled in the 50s through 70s when the Canadians were the dynasty,now its been a long time since our last successful season in 93.not sure what their problem is going from what they once were to the mediocre team they are now. I'm not sure changing the coach would be anything more than a bandaid fix IMO the whole organization needs a major overhaul.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I start every hockey season with the expectation my team is going to go all the way and win the cup,i definitely got spoiled in the 50s through 70s when the Canadians were the dynasty,now its been a long time since our last successful season in 93.not sure what their problem is going from what they once were to the mediocre team they are now. I'm not sure changing the coach would be anything more than a bandaid fix IMO the whole organization needs a major overhaul.
People were all hailing Therrien for his offseason moves; I was one who said it from the start: Yes, Weber is good, but he cannot carry a team on his own. Looking at PK last year with an even worse situation (AHL goalies) and the same lackluster forwards, PK did a much better job at keeping the flow of the game going; albeit, on his own.
The Weber/PK trade was absolutely useless, and added nothing to the team. Rather, it took away the best puckhandler we had and replaced him with a "bigger" body in the D-Zone who likes to screen his own goalie, and who has a rocket hard slap shot that's good at injuring players. Whoop-dee-do. People liked to talk about PK's turnover stats, but then so far this season, PK is -19 in Takeaway/Turnover while Weber is -47 .

Radulov was a nice addition up front, but not enough.
Gallagher, as much as I like him, is done IMO. He will never fully recover from that mangled hand, and frankly, he's too small to be playing the style he plays. He plays like Wayne Simmonds, but stands roughly a half-foot shorter.
Pacioretty seems to be their only consistent player.

In the end, Therrien's system simply does not work. He NEEDS to go. And I have a feeling Price will be leaving too, unless he wants to waste his stellar career with a mediocre team staffed by stubborn nincompoops.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:31 AM

23,947 posts, read 30,030,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
People were all hailing Therrien for his offseason moves; I was one who said it from the start: Yes, Weber is good, but he cannot carry a team on his own. Looking at PK last year with an even worse situation (AHL goalies) and the same lackluster forwards, PK did a much better job at keeping the flow of the game going; albeit, on his own.
The Weber/PK trade was absolutely useless, and added nothing to the team. Rather, it took away the best puckhandler we had and replaced him with a "bigger" body in the D-Zone who likes to screen his own goalie, and who has a rocket hard slap shot that's good at injuring players. Whoop-dee-do. People liked to talk about PK's turnover stats, but then so far this season, PK is -19 in Takeaway/Turnover while Weber is -47 ..

The player moves are made by Marc Bergevin, the GM, not Michel Therrien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Radulov was a nice addition up front, but not enough.
Gallagher, as much as I like him, is done IMO. He will never fully recover from that mangled hand, and frankly, he's too small to be playing the style he plays. He plays like Wayne Simmonds, but stands roughly a half-foot shorter.
Pacioretty seems to be their only consistent player.

In the end, Therrien's system simply does not work. He NEEDS to go. And I have a feeling Price will be leaving too, unless he wants to waste his stellar career with a mediocre team staffed by stubborn nincompoops.

They're still in first place in their division, and 8th in the league.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
The player moves are made by Marc Bergevin, the GM, not Michel Therrien.

My mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
They're still in first place in their division, and 8th in the league.
They play in the worst division in the league. They'd be fighting for a Wild Card spot in the Metropolitan Division.

And mind you, this is after the stellar start that they had (again) early this season.

They've been in the negative since the start of December. And not getting any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey