U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2017, 02:16 AM

35,319 posts, read 44,645,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
The player moves are made by Marc Bergevin, the GM, not Michel Therrien.
I'd call for a GM change as Bergevin has accomplished little for the team since becoming GM however he has IMO a solid management team=
Quote:
On May 2, 2012, Marc Bergevin was named general manager and executive vice president of the Montreal Canadiens.[4] His first additions to the Montreal Canadiens included Rick Dudley as assistant GM, Scott Mellanby as director of player personnel, Martin Lapointe as director of player development and Michel Therrien as head coach. Other additions included the hiring of Kirk Muller as an associate coach in 2016, as well as Gerard Gallant, J.J. Daigneault and Clement Jodoin as assistant coaches. Bergevin also appointed former Montreal Canadiens defenseman Patrice Brisebois as player development coach on June 13, 2012.[5] He finished second in voting for the GM of the Year award for the 2013–14 season.[6]
Change of coach seems inevitable but i dont think that will solve the Canadians cup slump.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 07:18 AM

23,877 posts, read 29,971,287 times
They won last night but I agree they don't seem to be trending in a positive direction.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:17 AM

11,734 posts, read 8,409,649 times
Quote:
They won last night but I agree they don't seem to be trending in a positive direction.
They lost miserably against the worst team in the league, and then they win in OT against the second worst team... Definitely not trending in the right direction...

Old 02-10-2017, 10:55 AM

35,319 posts, read 44,645,367 times
Quote:
I'd say the eked out a win in overtime against a lousy team, Price didnt inspire confidence.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:02 PM

140 posts, read 70,493 times
Problem is they have a horrible coach and a GM who refuses to part with him. If it wasn't for Carey Price, they'd be in the cellar every year.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:31 AM

11,734 posts, read 8,409,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady To Gronk View Post
Problem is they have a horrible coach and a GM who refuses to part with him. If it wasn't for Carey Price, they'd be in the cellar every year.
Right. And now people are finding reason to blame losses on Price. Well. How about how terrible the defense is? It's trash. And Price can't do everything. Also, he's clearly beginning to show signs of frustration. Not a good sign.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:35 AM

2,764 posts, read 1,419,967 times
I didn't like them trading Weber for Subban then and I don't know. The return was probably fair, but I think there's a lot that backs up that Subban is the better player now and going forward. Not to mention that Weber is signed until he's like 41? Thanks to Holmgren and Philly throwing that offer sheet at him and Nashville having to match.

Therrien is one of the worst head coaches in the league. He stunk his first tenure there, he stunk in Pittsburgh, he's worthless now.

Yeah, Pittsburgh made a cup finals with him. He's not bad enough to cause a stacked roster like that to be bad, I'm not sure any coach is. Even Randy Carlyle has won a cup as a head coach.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:48 PM

29,032 posts, read 15,307,438 times
Injuries, a brutal schedule and Price not quite up to par = a really tough stretch.

They desperately need this 5-day break. I'm quite confident that Bergevin doesn't need to fire Therrien or make a major trade. Rest and health will do wonders.

It's the same personnel that opened the season something like 13-2. They didn't suddenly become bums.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:08 PM

140 posts, read 70,493 times
Michel Therrien just fired. Claude Julien named the replacement.

Old 02-14-2017, 05:23 PM

2,764 posts, read 1,419,967 times
And just hours later, the gavel is finally dropped on Therrien, who was probably the worst head coach in the entire league.

And what's really funny, Claude Julien replaced Michel Therrien as Canadiens coach the first time they fired Therrien, back in January of 2003. History repeats itself.

It should have been more obvious to see this move coming, but Bergevin seemed to really love Therrien, so I was doubting he would get sacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey