U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2018, 03:39 AM

2,757 posts, read 1,466,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Halak may now be playing poorly but when he was with the Habs i think he was better than Price ,his chemistry worked well on the team ,speaking of Price what winning seasons has he given the Canadians?
We are in agreement on the Subbin/Weber trade,what the heck were they thinking.
If you really want, you can take Cory Schneider from the Devils! Guy is finished as a starter. Already washed up at 31, fell off a cliff at 30. I wouldn't wanna take back the Price contract, though! I'd say there's a better chance of Price bouncing back next year, but the new CBA will take care of Price's contract. There will be an amnesty buyout or two for each team, there always is. And I think Price, as well as guys like Schneider, Seabrook, Bobby Ryan, Jonathan Toews, etc, will all be banished from their current teams and paid to go away at that period, unless they end up on LTIRement permanently, as there'd be no need.

Even if Price bounces back, I don't think he'll be there after the new CBA because I think there'll be a new GM in town by then and if you ain't winning a cup with Price, you're getting no return on that contract.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 01:59 PM

35,318 posts, read 45,429,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post

Even if Price bounces back,
Price aint going to be doing no bouncing back, we've been waiting for him to do just that ever since he became a Hab, he always either chokes or gets injured. IMO trade the bum while hes got every one fooled into thinking hes the worlds greatest goalie.

Old 03-11-2018, 04:59 PM

12,298 posts, read 9,030,990 times
Quote:
Price aint going to be doing no bouncing back, we've been waiting for him to do just that ever since he became a Hab, he always either chokes or gets injured. IMO trade the bum while hes got every one fooled into thinking hes the worlds greatest goalie.
I'd say he was easily the greatest for a short period of time. However, Habs management completely ruined him by having the entire team so heavily centered around him with no support. He is frail, slow and broken now, which is a shame, since he's still young.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:17 AM

Montreal finished 12-day, six-game trip with a 1-3-2 record and are now 9-22-4 on the road, the worst record in the NHL. and the owner Geoff Molson has total confidence in his GM and coaching staff

Old 03-13-2018, 10:50 AM

30,217 posts, read 15,892,588 times
Quote:
Montreal finished 12-day, six-game trip with a 1-3-2 record and are now 9-22-4 on the road, the worst record in the NHL. and the owner Geoff Molson has total confidence in his GM and coaching staff
No Weber. No Price. No Danault. No Mete. No Pacioretty. No Hemsky.

With them back and healthy in October, next season should be much better. Especially if Bergevin manages to acquire a play-making center.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:22 AM

12,298 posts, read 9,030,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No Weber. No Price. No Danault. No Mete. No Pacioretty. No Hemsky.

With them back and healthy in October, next season should be much better. Especially if Bergevin manages to acquire a play-making center.
That's if we see the old Price.

Not to mention, aside from Weber, the roster has been pretty healthy for most of the season. The defense has been atrocious, and there simply is no offensive output. Drouin is a bit of a bust IMO. Would have been MUCH better off keeping Sergachev. But of course, I do understand the whole wanting a young Quebecois star on the team, despite how little sense it makes, and of how little importance this is to anyone except for management (they did the same crap years ago, wasting a draft pick on Latendresse.)

Gallagher is the only one playing with any kind of fire. Kind of reminds me of Subban during his final season... He's bound to get frustrated eventually. Actually, he is already showing signs of that.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:14 AM

30,217 posts, read 15,892,588 times
How banged up are the Habs?

Last night's lineup against the Leafs featured 13 guys who've spent time in the AHL this season. If nothing else, the brass is getting a good look at what they have in the prospects cupboard. I like what I see in some of the youngsters, Mete (when not hurt), Lehkonen, De La Rose, Juulson and Deslauriers. And Galchenyuk and Drouin still have a lot of upside.

And at least this sorry season will result in a top 10 first round pick after years of picking in the high 20s.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:41 PM

988 posts, read 1,060,378 times
As a lifelong Bruins fan I'd love to see the Habs come back strong.

That trade for Subban still baffles me.
He reminded me so much of a young Ray Bourque, great wheels, accurate shot, and his exuberance on the ice was awesome. (There was a great video of him jumping up and down on his skates calling for a pass!)
Like Bourque he was slowing down but still the trade was too soon.
Price not stealing a game here and there is another thing I thing they counted on. All great goalies do it.
And don't overlook team toughness, Montreal is soft and every team knows it.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:34 PM

Curious that the last time the Montreal Canadians won a Stanley Cup was 1993 ,coincidentally in February of that year Gary Bettman became commissioner of the NHL, you dont suppose....nah couldnt be.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:27 AM

3,055 posts, read 815,506 times
Quote:
Curious that the last time the Montreal Canadians won a Stanley Cup was 1993 ,coincidentally in February of that year Gary Bettman became commissioner of the NHL, you dont suppose....nah couldnt be.
I'm glad to see then I'm not alone to think about that. Add also then no Canadian teams who had gone to the finals since 1993 (Vancouver Canucks 1994 and 2011, Edmonton Oilers in 2006, Calgary Flames in 2004, Ottawa Senators in 2007) lost the Stanley Cup finals. However it's hard to decide if we put it on the "curse of Gary Bettman" or the curse of Marty McSorley?

I wonder if the NHL should recommission the O'Brien Cup for the Stanley cup finalists so we could have a good consolation prize?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey