U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-26-2018, 06:55 AM
 
35,318 posts, read 45,182,786 times
Reputation: 30822

Advertisements

I think it odd that since Bettman became commish of the NHL some 25+ years ago no Canadian team has won the Stanley Cup.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-26-2018, 10:29 AM
 
3,016 posts, read 787,413 times
Reputation: 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I think it odd that since Bettman became commish of the NHL some 25+ years ago no Canadian team has won the Stanley Cup.
We'll get our anwser when Bettman retires. During the Bettman time lapse, only the Toronto Maple Leafs and the current Winnipeg Jets hadn't reached the Stanley cup finals yet. Will one of these teams will be able to end the curse?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2018, 10:04 AM
 
35,318 posts, read 45,182,786 times
Reputation: 30822
Montreal gm has made another dumb trade
Galchenyuk for Max Domi.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2018, 10:26 AM
 
3,016 posts, read 787,413 times
Reputation: 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Montreal gm has made another dumb trade
Galchenyuk for Max Domi.
I have the feeling then it won't be the last dumb trade.

Meanwhile, the Maple Leafs future look more promising with their farm-team in the AHL, the Marlies who won the Calder Cup. Some Marlies players will play for the Leafs next season.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2018, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Central Florida
12,240 posts, read 8,873,335 times
Reputation: 15535
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Montreal gm has made another dumb trade
Galchenyuk for Max Domi.
Gotta feel bad for Galchenyuk. Easily the most talented player on the Habs roster in recent years, but one whose potential was entirely wasted by poor decision-making from above. For one, he should have spent at least his first pro season developing in the AHL. Second, being tossed around to third line and at wing when he was clearly a goal-scoring machine at center made no sense. Poor guy.
Domi, have fun with your new roller-coaster of a team.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2018, 07:22 PM
 
35,318 posts, read 45,182,786 times
Reputation: 30822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Gotta feel bad for Galchenyuk. Easily the most talented player on the Habs roster in recent years, but one whose potential was entirely wasted by poor decision-making from above. For one, he should have spent at least his first pro season developing in the AHL. Second, being tossed around to third line and at wing when he was clearly a goal-scoring machine at center made no sense. Poor guy.
Domi, have fun with your new roller-coaster of a team.
For Galchenyuk the trade might be a blessing in disguise as he can now join a team that has a better opportunity at a winning season than does the hapless habs, wonder what Subbin/Pelly and Lars Eller though of their trades.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2018, 05:57 PM
 
Location: Henderson, NV
6,732 posts, read 6,995,760 times
Reputation: 9050
Every year a Canadian team doesn't win is a good year if you ask me. It's perpetually funny to see American teams dominate the Canadian teams even while full of Canadian players. If you were a hockey player, where would you rather live, some miserable iceberg up in Canada or Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York, San Jose, Dallas, Tampa, etc.? I mean there's no comparison. I wouldn't accept any salary to play for a Canadian team. Even 10% more isn't worth it at all to pay Canadian taxes and live in Canada. No thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2018, 07:22 PM
 
35,318 posts, read 45,182,786 times
Reputation: 30822
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Every year a Canadian team doesn't win is a good year if you ask me. It's perpetually funny to see American teams dominate the Canadian teams even while full of Canadian players. If you were a hockey player, where would you rather live, some miserable iceberg up in Canada or Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York, San Jose, Dallas, Tampa, etc.? I mean there's no comparison. I wouldn't accept any salary to play for a Canadian team. Even 10% more isn't worth it at all to pay Canadian taxes and live in Canada. No thanks!
Jonathan you ever been to Canada? or are you just parroting an attitude trump wants you to have regarding Canada?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2018, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
5,658 posts, read 7,163,049 times
Reputation: 7251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Jonathan you ever been to Canada? or are you just parroting an attitude trump wants you to have regarding Canada?
It was a dumb comment. Bringing up Trump, however, when not applicable is also dumb. You countered low hanging fruit with low hanging fruit.

The swapping of Domi and Galchenyuk may prove beneficial for both.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2018, 09:07 PM
 
3,335 posts, read 2,217,585 times
Reputation: 1281
Got devoured by San Jose Sharks every time they met. They got psych out by Shark's victory, so it messed with Canadiens players' minds.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:41 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top