U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2018, 01:31 PM

12,282 posts, read 8,971,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Habs throw Plekanec under the bus, in the mean time Price stinks .https://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...nec-on-waivers
It's not just Price. Niemi is struggling too. Both have some of the worst goalie stats in the league. A lot of this falls on poor defensive play by the team.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 11:05 PM

30,096 posts, read 15,824,334 times
Price looked like his old self tonight in Calgary, stealing a 3-2 win with 43 saves.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Price looked like his old self tonight in Calgary, stealing a 3-2 win with 43 saves.
I watched the game last night against Washington. The final score does not reflect how Price played at all. He was absolutely incredible. The game as a whole was one of the most exciting I've seen in a while.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:07 AM

35,318 posts, read 45,339,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I watched the game last night against Washington. The final score does not reflect how Price played at all. He was absolutely incredible. The game as a whole was one of the most exciting I've seen in a while.
I went to bed when the habs had a 2 goal lead thinking they will easily win the game,woke up to find they lost the game from an ot goal from Lars Eller. How did Price play? he let in 5 goals..

Old 11-21-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I went to bed when the habs had a 2 goal lead thinking they will easily win the game,woke up to find they lost the game from an ot goal from Lars Eller. How did Price play? he let in 5 goals..
He actually played extremely well, and made some highlight-reel saves.
The Eller goal was a bit weak, but truthfully, had any other goalie been in net, the Habs would have probably let 10 goals in. Habs defense is atrocious, and some turnovers were beyond cringeworthy.

It's unfortunate because for once, the offense is doing well with the Domi/Drouin duo.

Old 11-23-2018, 01:07 PM

Well hes let 10 goals in in the last 2 games,lets see how he does if they play him against Buffal this afternoon. personally hes not a bad goalie its just that the whole organization sucks.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:05 PM

Aaaand they stink again.

Old 11-28-2018, 01:41 AM

I guess having Weber back after a 6 month layoff did little to turn the ship around.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:21 AM

30,096 posts, read 15,824,334 times
Oh ye of little faith.

Weber's return has, and will continue to help. He's steadied the defence and bolstered the power play. The rest of the team, although still the smallest in the league, plays a little bigger when he's in uniform. He'll help reduce the number of shots Price has to face and clear some of the traffic in front of the net. He's not exactly a superstar but he's still a very effective defenceman who exerts a steadying presence on the rest of the team.

As I believe I said at the beginning of the season, I'll be happy if the Habs can contend for a playoff spot most of the season. So far, they're doing just that. And playing some entertaining hockey along the way.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Oh ye of little faith.

Weber's return has, and will continue to help. He's steadied the defence and bolstered the power play. The rest of the team, although still the smallest in the league, plays a little bigger when he's in uniform. He'll help reduce the number of shots Price has to face and clear some of the traffic in front of the net. He's not exactly a superstar but he's still a very effective defenceman who exerts a steadying presence on the rest of the team.

As I believe I said at the beginning of the season, I'll be happy if the Habs can contend for a playoff spot most of the season. So far, they're doing just that. And playing some entertaining hockey along the way.
I'll give you the last bit. But they aren't playing well at all. Very sloppy and clumsy plays resulting in horrendous giveaways for the second coming of Christ to pull off miracle saves to keep them in.

Drouin is still lazy on the backcheck, although he is fun to watch on the offense with Domi.

And their defense was sure shining last night. 0-4 on the PK? What a performance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey