U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-19-2019, 05:26 PM
 
Location: Central Florida
12,326 posts, read 9,069,462 times
Reputation: 15732

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Went to a Habs game last week and toured Centre Bell. My team lost but it was amazing to watch Price make history in person.
Habs have one of the best goalies in franchise history... And they're throwing it all away. Why can't they surround him with starpower, after all of this time? Not a single top-tier player has made it to their roster since he came into the league.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2019, 09:33 PM
Status: "Evolving." (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
30,305 posts, read 15,934,558 times
Reputation: 13581
They gutted out a must-win tonight in Philly. And Philly needed it just as badly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 05:34 AM
 
35,318 posts, read 45,484,687 times
Reputation: 30829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Habs have one of the best goalies in franchise history... And they're throwing it all away. Why can't they surround him with starpower, after all of this time? Not a single top-tier player has made it to their roster since he came into the league.
If Carey Price is best goalie in franchise history he sure hasnt done much for the Habs with such a title, has he won a single playoff series in his tenure with the habs?.
Recently the best the habs have done in the playoffs is when Halak took over playoff goalie duties.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2019, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Central Florida
12,326 posts, read 9,069,462 times
Reputation: 15732
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If Carey Price is best goalie in franchise history he sure hasnt done much for the Habs with such a title, has he won a single playoff series in his tenure with the habs?.
Recently the best the habs have done in the playoffs is when Halak took over playoff goalie duties.
I didn't say THE best... Easily one of the best though. And the majority of NHL players agree that he is by far the toughest goalie to play against.

The reason why the Habs have done so poorly in the playoffs is in front of him, especially at the other end. Montreal has not had a prolific scorer or playmaker in decades. You can't win without scorers, regardless of how good your goalie is. Even the defense is pretty lackluster. I've been watching some of these recent games, and I don't see what makes Weber so special in the eyes of Montreal fans. He's good, but nothing extraordinary.

Price is pretty much the reason why the Habs are where they are this season. Without him, they'd be a bottom 6 team.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2019, 09:56 AM
Status: "Evolving." (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
30,305 posts, read 15,934,558 times
Reputation: 13581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I didn't say THE best... Easily one of the best though. And the majority of NHL players agree that he is by far the toughest goalie to play against.

The reason why the Habs have done so poorly in the playoffs is in front of him, especially at the other end. Montreal has not had a prolific scorer or playmaker in decades. You can't win without scorers, regardless of how good your goalie is. Even the defense is pretty lackluster. I've been watching some of these recent games, and I don't see what makes Weber so special in the eyes of Montreal fans. He's good, but nothing extraordinary.

Price is pretty much the reason why the Habs are where they are this season. Without him, they'd be a bottom 6 team.
I disagree about Weber. If he didn't miss the first 24 games of the season, the Habs wouldn't be life and death for a wild card. They'd be duking it out with the Leafs and Boston. His return, as much as Price rounding into form, has made this an exciting season.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2019, 01:37 PM
 
35,318 posts, read 45,484,687 times
Reputation: 30829
Quote:
If the Columbus Blue Jackets win tonight in New York against the sad-sack Rangers, it’s all over for the Habs.
If thats the case the habs have not made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years.
Pathetic!! The Bergevin/Molson era for this team is a total failure.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2019, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Central Florida
12,326 posts, read 9,069,462 times
Reputation: 15732
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If thats the case the habs have not made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years.
Pathetic!! The Bergevin/Molson era for this team is a total failure.
Kind of funny when you think of how the majority of players traded from the Habs since 2015 are headed to the playoffs. I can think of only Galchenyuk (out of the good players traded) who isn't.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2019, 09:48 PM
 
35,318 posts, read 45,484,687 times
Reputation: 30829
Blue Jackets beat Rangers 3-2 in shootout to make Canadiens' final regular-season game against Maple Leafs Saturday night meaningless. If Bergevin is still GM next year i'll be amazed.
https://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...-playoff-hopes
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2019, 11:44 PM
 
Location: Central Florida
12,326 posts, read 9,069,462 times
Reputation: 15732
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Blue Jackets beat Rangers 3-2 in shootout to make Canadiens' final regular-season game against Maple Leafs Saturday night meaningless. If Bergevin is still GM next year i'll be amazed.
https://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...-playoff-hopes
Thing is, so many people are defending him. "Oh, but look, they had a great season despite what people expected!"
No, they did not have a "great season." As you said, 3 out of the last 4 seasons. When just before that, there was an actual winning roster.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2019, 03:17 AM
 
35,318 posts, read 45,484,687 times
Reputation: 30829
As i've said before until this team gets an admin that doesnt accept mediocrity they will be a team with few succesful seasons. new ownership is where it needs to start , Geoff you just dont have a clue.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:32 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top