U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-14-2020, 11:31 PM
 
Location: Central Florida
11,257 posts, read 8,058,985 times
Reputation: 14264

Advertisements

I will say, Kovalchuk is looking good, and at $700,000, is quite a bargain. They still need much much more, but hey, quite refreshing to see a good move for once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-03-2020, 06:05 AM
 
2,493 posts, read 639,359 times
Reputation: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I will say, Kovalchuk is looking good, and at $700,000, is quite a bargain. They still need much much more, but hey, quite refreshing to see a good move for once.
Indeed, however it'll be a miracle if the Habs get Alexis Lafreniere in the upcoming draft. On the other hand, how Marc Bergevin and Trevor Timmins lead the club.....I wonder if it's a blessing in disguise if he'll be drafted by an another team?

Some already think of some possible scenarios in the 2020 NHL draft. https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-draft-a...ck/c-313873568
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2020, 08:33 AM
 
35,315 posts, read 44,063,679 times
Reputation: 30772
They will now miss playoffs for 4th time in 5 years,why anyone goes to see this bunch of losers is incomprehensible,and even more puzzling is why no major changes take place in upper management.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2020, 10:49 AM
 
Location: Central Florida
11,257 posts, read 8,058,985 times
Reputation: 14264
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
They will now miss playoffs for 4th time in 5 years,why anyone goes to see this bunch of losers is incomprehensible,and even more puzzling is why no major changes take place in upper management.
Hard to believe that just a few years ago, the club had a core croup of players playing in their prime... Most got traded, and those who remained are getting older, more broken, and seemingly losing interest. They had a great team from 2013-14 till 2015-16. Then came the deconstruction.

But hey, at least you guys keep erecting new, gigantic "Tour des Canadiens," towers, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2020, 06:59 AM
 
2,493 posts, read 639,359 times
Reputation: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Hard to believe that just a few years ago, the club had a core croup of players playing in their prime... Most got traded, and those who remained are getting older, more broken, and seemingly losing interest. They had a great team from 2013-14 till 2015-16. Then came the deconstruction.

But hey, at least you guys keep erecting new, gigantic "Tour des Canadiens," towers, right?
And that deconstruction came around the time where PK Subban was traded and Michel Therrien was fired and replaced by Claude Julien as coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2020, 04:25 PM
 
Location: NYC
19 posts, read 4,086 times
Reputation: 30
The Habs have been a poorly run organization since the Tremblay/Houle days. Horrible drafting, trading good players for pennies on the dollar, inability to recruit competent free agents. Montreal natives don’t want to play for the Habs(Vinny LeCavalier and Marty St. Louis have both admitted it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2020, 08:35 AM
 
2,493 posts, read 639,359 times
Reputation: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Mound of Rebound View Post
The Habs have been a poorly run organization since the Tremblay/Houle days. Horrible drafting, trading good players for pennies on the dollar, inability to recruit competent free agents. Montreal natives don’t want to play for the Habs(Vinny LeCavalier and Marty St. Louis have both admitted it).
The seeds of the decline might beginned a bit earlier, around the time when Irving Grundman replaced Sam Pollock as general-manager instead of Scotty Bowman and when they drafted Doug Wickenheiser instead of Denis Savard in 1980. We got lucky then the Habs menaged to win in 1986 and 1993. I saw this interesting thread about Doug Wickenheiser on this forum. https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...treal.2202113/

I still wonder sometimes what if the Habs had drafted Denis Savard instead of Wickenheiser and/or what if Scotty Bowman was general-manager instead of Irvin Grundman? Some even wonder how the Habs dynasty of the 1970s would had look if they had drafted Marcel Dionne instead of Guy Lafleur?

I saw an French article then Alexis Lafreniere, one prospect at the next NHL draft wished then if that was possible, he wants to play with Montreal. https://www.danslescoulisses.com/fr/...n-de-montreal/ But I think it might be a blessing in disguise if he'll be drafted by Detroit as I mentionned in an earlier post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM
 
431 posts, read 224,711 times
Reputation: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Hard to believe that just a few years ago, the club had a core croup of players playing in their prime... Most got traded, and those who remained are getting older, more broken, and seemingly losing interest. They had a great team from 2013-14 till 2015-16. Then came the deconstruction.

But hey, at least you guys keep erecting new, gigantic "Tour des Canadiens," towers, right?
Exactly. The youth failed to pan out into superstars. Carey Price is still around, he's a great goalie, but not a God like everyone thought he would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top