Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 10:20 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times

Advertisements

So what happens when a team with a 12 game winning streak faces off against a team with a 14 game winning streak?? Does the ice melt since BOTH teams are that hot?? This is the first time in NHL History that 2 teams have had concurrent 12+ game winning streaks and they are facing each other! Fitting that it takes place on December 31, to end one of the weirdest years I can ever remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 03:25 AM

2,947 posts, read 5,191,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
So what happens when a team with a 12 game winning streak faces off against a team with a 14 game winning streak?? Does the ice melt since BOTH teams are that hot?? This is the first time in NHL History that 2 teams have had concurrent 12+ game winning streaks and they are facing each other! Fitting that it takes place on December 31, to end one of the weirdest years I can ever remember.
It'll be fun.

I guess they should've just contracted Columbus years ago, huh?

Old 12-31-2016, 10:01 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quite a smorgasbord of games to choose from on the tube: 8 of them, starting at noon.

And that's not counting the US/Canada Junior game which is usually top notch.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:17 AM

Just a pat on the back to my Habs for hanging in while hit with several serious injuries to key players.

Good news on the horizon though, for a couple of them. Galchenyuk and Shaw are close to returning.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:15 AM

783 posts, read 576,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Just a pat on the back to my Habs for hanging in while hit with several serious injuries to key players.

Good news on the horizon though, for a couple of them. Galchenyuk and Shaw are close to returning.
Same for the Rangers. Buch is supposed to be back tomorrow, and Nash and Zabina...Zibnija...Whatever his name is are supposed to return soon. And they've done pretty well considering all of those guys were playing well when they went off.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:34 AM

Oops. I jinxed 'em. They got smoked by the Wild.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:53 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
So the Blues fire their head coach....with about 25 games remaining in the season! Oh, and the same guy was going to retire at the end of the season anyways. Why not just let Hitchcock finish the season and let him roll out into the sunset.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:13 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
So the Blues fire their head coach....with about 25 games remaining in the season! Oh, and the same guy was going to retire at the end of the season anyways. Why not just let Hitchcock finish the season and let him roll out into the sunset.
I agree.

If they were gonna can Hitchcock, they should have moved on after last season, rather than publicly announce after last season offseason that he was coming back for one more year as a lame duck coach on a farewell tour. Or at the very least, not announce publicly that he was a lame duck.

I thought he made a lot of dumb decisions in the WCF last year, from his goalies, to the lack of usage of Tarasenko at certain times.

But bad goaltending gets coaches fired, and that's exactly why he was fired this year. Hutton is a replacement level goalie and Allen doesn't look like he's gonna be a very good starting goaltender in this league. Bad goaltending gets coaches fired all the time. It happened in Columbus when the Bob played like a street hockey goalie for the first month of last season and they fired the coach. Just using your eyes, it backs up the poor play on paper that you see from Jake Allen and Carter Hutton. They have given up bad goal after bad goal in so many games. I remember how poor Allen played against the Wild in the 2015 playoffs and even in game 6 against the Sharks in last year's Western Conference Finals. Which was a dumb decision by Hitchcock to bring him into that series after rolling with Elliott 3 rounds deep IMO.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:55 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
The Boston Bruins have relieved Claude Julien as head coach. Assistant coach Butch Cassidy becomes the Bruins' interim head coach.

Further reading
"Bruins Relieve Claude Julien Of Coaching Duties." Boston, Massachusetts: Boston Bruins. 7 February 2017.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:02 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
But bad goaltending gets coaches fired...
I am looking for bad goaltending decisions to partly contribute to Dan Bylsma's separation from the Buffalo Sabres if they do not trend upward. Robin Lehner allows too many goals and does not make the saves the keep the Sabres in games. Linus Ullmark, ready for full-time status in the National Hockey League, is still with the American Hockey League affiliate Rochester Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey