Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 08:25 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,513,594 times

Advertisements

I saw an old thread here, but nothing recent.

Any Flyers fans here? Who is your favorite player(s)?

Giroux and Ghost are my two favorites.

I live in Texas, but managed to fly up for 5 of their Carnival events. Pretty cool to get to meet so many players and get things signed. This Nov will be the 2nd year I will have not been able to go. I miss going. It is a lot of fun.

Their season opener starts tonight. Hope they do a great job this season!

Old 10-16-2018, 07:59 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,036,467 times
I'm a Flyers fan! Had to get the nhl package this season because we moved away from the viewing area. So nice to hear the local announcers tonight. Not too happy with the Flyers giving up the lead. Nice win in the shootout! Go Flyers!

Old 10-16-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I'm a Flyers fan! Had to get the nhl package this season because we moved away from the viewing area. So nice to hear the local announcers tonight. Not too happy with the Flyers giving up the lead. Nice win in the shootout! Go Flyers!
I've bought the NHL package for several years. This year - I bought the online streaming package for the first time. I may cancel my tv provider before the end of April, so I didn't want to chance buying it online.

I just hook my laptop to the TV.

Yes, their play tonight was mixed, but at least the won. Giroux almost got a hat trick tonight, but he couldn't quite pull it off.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:10 PM

243 posts, read 102,107 times
Flyers are my 2nd team, next to the Blackhawks . My hubby’s a big Flyers fan, We like Wayne Simmonds. What do you make of that new mascot? He’s scary looking. He’s trying to do the stomach roll, like the Phanatic. I love Keith Jones accent. We get the NHL package also
Right now we’re warching Corey Crawford’s return with the Blackhawks

Old 10-19-2018, 02:53 PM

696 posts, read 906,305 times
Another Flyers fan here; would have to go with Simmonds and Provorov (although he is in a funk currently) as my favorite CURRENT players. Hopefully they can get it together as they are off to a rocky start and other teams that were pegged as bottom feeders in the Metro this year (NJ & Carolina) are crushing it early on.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:58 AM

243 posts, read 102,107 times
Tell me about it. If Carolina keeps it up, they’ll probably raise prices. The tickets are one of the cheapest in the NHL. Most of the games are filled with the other teams fans. You can always get seats behind the glass or next to the penalty box, same row,where there’s just glass separating you.
I feel sorry for Arizona. I love their goal song, next to the Blackhawks, of course.
It’s still early in the season. Blackhawks and Flyers are sinking quickly. I’m hoping for a Blackhawks and Flyers Stanley cup

Old 10-20-2018, 08:03 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Yes. I started watching them as a kid in 1967 at the Spectrum. It's been very disappointing since the two Cups, but the 1987 seven game series with Gretsky, and the Edmonton Oilers was fantastic. Since then, some really disappointing Cup losses, and bad seasons. I don't see the Flyers going anywhere this year. I had higher hopes with Ron Hextall coming back.

Ship. I forget. How did you become a Flyers fan again? Are you from Philly area?

Old 10-20-2018, 12:37 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,036,467 times
I'm watching the game now. I like the new jersey/sweaters. Simmonds is my favorite player. I really enjoy watching TK play!

Old 10-23-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I'm watching the game now. I like the new jersey/sweaters. Simmonds is my favorite player. I really enjoy watching TK play!
The black jerseys were what the team had at their last Stadium series outdoor game. Nice to see they are now the team's alternative jersey.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

Ship. I forget. How did you become a Flyers fan again? Are you from Philly area?
No, but I have been there 5 times since becoming a Flyers fan.

Actually, I used to watch hockey on and off. And, it was very tough to watch any particular team consistently. In the 1980s, games were on ESPN. Then, many years ago, I would catch games on the Versus channel (which later become NBC Sports).

I eventually went to a game in Dallas... And that was it - I was hooked...

Comcast own the Flyers, and NBC owns Comcast. Anyway, out of any team, the Flyers get shown more often. So, I caught them when I could. Then, when they were in the playoffs and made the finals against Chicago, I watched all of those games. The next season, I bought the tv package. And, I've purchased it every year since.

The Flyers tend to have a "personality" - in a way I don't see with other teams too.

I've been to 5 Flyers Wives Carnivals over the past few years. Have a great time there.

I've been able to see 3 home games (they do not always have a home game the day before the carnival) in Philly too. Even caught a puck at 1 of the home games. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey