Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 01:29 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,236,737 times

Advertisements

But now Dallas must go back to Detriot, where the wings are perfect in the post-season this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 01:58 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
But now Dallas must go back to Detriot, where the wings are perfect in the post-season this year.
At least it did not happen IN OUR HOUSE! WOO-HOO!!! Otherwise, I'm sure there would have been some fists flying last night after the game as there were PLENTY of pretty rude rw's fans in attendance in Dallas that were still being pretty loud and mouthy after the game and getting into some peoples faces just because. Had one moron from there last year walk right up to me and a friend (both grown women) and yell right in our faces that Dallas sucks. NOT COOL!!!!

Old 05-15-2008, 03:41 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
you've procreated???
Youre rude. And yes, I have a son who despises the Wangs as well.

Sure beats sitting home, all alone with Rosy Palm and her five sisters, hugging a pillow and dreaming of Zetterberg allllllll night long.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:46 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Oh, some moron in red threw an octopus out onto the ice before the game. In addition:
a. FYI, to all of you Detriot people - TAKE YOUR HAT OFF DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM!!!!

b. And have a little more respect for the National Anthem and don't yell out "SUCKS" after the word "Stars". Sure we yell "STARS" during it but we are also singing along to the entire song word for word. Adding the word, "SUCKS" to it is just plain RUDE and totally disrespectful.

c. To the rw fans a few rows down from me. That poor boy that had on the "BEAT DETROIT" t-shirt that was giving you a "hard time" is HANDICAPPED!!! Good grief. Let him have a little fun and entertain him. He means well and is NOT a threat. I even saw and heard his dad come to you w/ an outstretched hand and a smile and tell you.
Now you see what Ive been talking about all along? Detroilet's fans are notoriously obnoxious, and they only get worse as the season progresses. Feel free to stop by my "Official Anti-Wangs Thread" and leave some comments.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:53 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,660,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
At least it did not happen IN OUR HOUSE! WOO-HOO!!! Otherwise, I'm sure there would have been some fists flying last night after the game as there were PLENTY of pretty rude rw's fans in attendance in Dallas that were still being pretty loud and mouthy after the game and getting into some peoples faces just because. Had one moron from there last year walk right up to me and a friend (both grown women) and yell right in our faces that Dallas sucks. NOT COOL!!!!
Definitely not cool, but trust me, we're not all like that. Seems like every team, without exception, has its share of jackass fans. I blame (1) beer and (2) lack of a life -- I mean, after all, it IS just a game.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:09 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Sadly, it has been this way in Dallas when it comes to games against the rw's since day one. Every other game here you would see a few fans from the opposing team and they were all cordial and polite. Sure they get fired up about the team and the game but no big deal. No more so than I would and do when seeing the Stars play away but I'm still RESPECTFUL. Then Detriot comes to town. All of a sudden you see a sea of red in the arena and they are the RUDEST people you have ever meet for the most part. Sure there are a few that are not but overwhelmingly they are that way. They literally take over and try to make it feel like this is their home ice and they own THIS city. HUH!?!?!?! WTH!?!?!?! NO, this is DALLAS! In TEXAS! No snow on the ground, plenty of jobs, moderate cost of living, etc. Anyway, I've always dreaded games against Detriot because of it. I've sat next to plenty of them to hear their rude comments, lack of knowledge of the game, had beer spilled on me, been cussed at just because I had on a shirt that said "Stars", etc. At every game with them you can find at least 1 of their fans that does not remove their hat for the National Anthem. Anyway, I've come to say that if all the people in and from Detriot have to be proud of is a hockey team then let'em be. It is just a game and one that can be really fun to watch and get all excited about. In the end it is still a game. For those that get the pleasure of actually playing it - how awesome. They get paid to do something they LOVE with a great passion.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:22 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Thank God the flyers won tonight, now at least the Pennsylvania showdown will be somewhat interesting now. I loved seeing the Flyer fan doing a crying imitation. Back to the Igloo for game 5.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:11 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,574,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Nice to see the Stars stick it to the Wangs. Very nice!

On a side note, I came home last night from work and my son had to show me something that he thought was hilarious. He got these little press-on tattoos in a pack of hockey cards and put the Wings' tattoo on his right buttcheek. lol Thats my boy!

lol..good tast in Tatoos the young lad has placement not so much

Old 05-15-2008, 11:06 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
Good, neither series ended in a sweep. Someone on ESPN noted that every 34 (I think) years, a team that is in the hole 3-0 winds up winning the series. This year, there are 2 such opportunities.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:55 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I loved seeing the Flyer fan doing a crying imitation.
That was good, but my favorite moment was when the camera caught the sainted Cindy Crosby yelling FU to one of the Flyers while the ref was telling him to calm down. He was whining the whole game long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey