U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-01-2014, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
22,342 posts, read 23,612,949 times
Reputation: 35325

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Here's to the Hawks' next series. A team I like but hate playing against.
I will not miss hearing from the Minnesota fan-base. Gotta be one of the whiniest groups.....

• Bad calls
• Self-proclaimed 'superior hockey knowledge'
• Bad calls
• State of Hockey boosterism
• Bad calls
• Bad calls
• Bad calls
will Roy quit again after being beat by the Wild at home in game 7?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2014, 05:54 PM
 
67 posts, read 59,216 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Here's to the Hawks' next series. A team I like but hate playing against.
I will not miss hearing from the Minnesota fan-base. Gotta be one of the whiniest groups.....

• Bad calls
• Self-proclaimed 'superior hockey knowledge'
• Bad calls
• State of Hockey boosterism
• Bad calls
• Bad calls
• Bad calls
Hockey is the 3rd or 4th most popular sport in the the "state of hockey". Sure, the high school hockey tournament is a big deal, but half of the school don't have a hockey team and many schools that claim a team, are part of a high school co-op program. the tournament is well attended and is filled with corporate guests and looooong time tournament season ticket holders. The "superior hockey knowledge" comment made me laugh. It's not like us Minnesotans invented the sport. Yes, Minnesota hockey fans are an arrogant lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2014, 08:34 PM
 
21,778 posts, read 12,497,611 times
Reputation: 12469
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Here's to the Hawks' next series. A team I like but hate playing against.
I will not miss hearing from the Minnesota fan-base. Gotta be one of the whiniest groups.....

• Bad calls
• Self-proclaimed 'superior hockey knowledge'
• Bad calls
• State of Hockey boosterism
• Bad calls
• Bad calls
• Bad calls
That's because you have no clue of hockey. Just smoke a doobie and dream of Quebec's team that won their cup in the rental city (Denver)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2014, 08:35 PM
 
21,778 posts, read 12,497,611 times
Reputation: 12469
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjam1 View Post
Hockey is the 3rd or 4th most popular sport in the the "state of hockey". Sure, the high school hockey tournament is a big deal, but half of the school don't have a hockey team and many schools that claim a team, are part of a high school co-op program. the tournament is well attended and is filled with corporate guests and looooong time tournament season ticket holders. The "superior hockey knowledge" comment made me laugh. It's not like us Minnesotans invented the sport. Yes, Minnesota hockey fans are an arrogant lot.
Hockey is #1 in Minnesota. Nothing else is close. What are you talking about?

The Minnesota High School Hockey Tournament is the BEST High School Tournament in the country of all sports hands down. Nothing else is close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2014, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
17,031 posts, read 27,787,928 times
Reputation: 16212
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Hockey is #1 in Minnesota. Nothing else is close. What are you talking about?

The Minnesota High School Hockey Tournament is the BEST High School Tournament in the country of all sports hands down. Nothing else is close.

Damn straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2014, 01:44 PM
 
Location: M I N N E S O T A
14,852 posts, read 18,597,820 times
Reputation: 9124
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Hockey is #1 in Minnesota. Nothing else is close. What are you talking about?

The Minnesota High School Hockey Tournament is the BEST High School Tournament in the country of all sports hands down. Nothing else is close.
I think football is number one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2014, 02:11 PM
 
589 posts, read 559,396 times
Reputation: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I think football is number one.

No way. The Vikings have been largely irrelevant in the last decade plus and NCAA football isn't so big up there. In other places in the midwest, even high school football is taken very seriously. In Minnesota, hockey all the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2014, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
22,342 posts, read 23,612,949 times
Reputation: 35325
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
No way. The Vikings have been largely irrelevant in the last decade plus and NCAA football isn't so big up there. In other places in the midwest, even high school football is taken very seriously. In Minnesota, hockey all the way.
nothing is bigger than the Vikings in Minnesota but thanks for playing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2014, 05:25 PM
 
67 posts, read 59,216 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Hockey is #1 in Minnesota. Nothing else is close. What are you talking about?

The Minnesota High School Hockey Tournament is the BEST High School Tournament in the country of all sports hands down. Nothing else is close.
I never said the HS tourney wasn't the best in the country. How many schools play hockey in Minny? Not as many as you think. But it was very refreshing to see some new blood at the X this year.

Get your head out of the hockey clouds and try to be rational. This is a football state, followed by basketball and then baseball! My God, the hockey Gophers barely sold their ticket allotment for the Frozen Four and they failed to do so when the FF was in (can't remember the town)! Hockey is not the most popular sport ANYWHERE in the USA. Is hockey more popular in Minny than the rest of the country? Yes. But again, that's not saying much, because hockey is relevant in only a small portion of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2014, 05:30 PM
 
67 posts, read 59,216 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
nothing is bigger than the Vikings in Minnesota but thanks for playing
Truth! And it's not even close!
1. Super Bowl
2. World Series
3. The U Final Four
4. The U Rose Bowl
The Gophers were in the Frozen Four and nobody cared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top