Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2008, 01:38 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times

Advertisements

(^)

Yeah, Johnson is only out because of a DIRTY hit by Greer (San Hoser). I hope he gets a suspension for that hit. What an arsehole!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 06:56 PM

854 posts, read 2,862,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
--Panthers winger Richard Zednik suffered ligament damage in his elbow during Monday's game against the Carolina Hurricanes and will be out indefinitely. Coach Pete DeBoer stated that he will be out 'weeks' not 'days'.
greaaaaat. another blow for our offense

Old 11-28-2008, 01:33 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
We needed at least a point today against the red-hot Flyers. We got the 2 points instead

Old 11-28-2008, 01:40 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
We needed at least a point today against the red-hot Flyers. We got the 2 points instead
Boooooooo! Hurricanes are a fun team to watch. They deserved the win today. Jeff Carter remains red hot though.......good for my fantasy teams Other than a few wasted opportunities today, I'm really surprised at how well the Flyers are playing lately. Youngsters are stepping it up and the top two lines are just so much fun to watch.

Last edited by R.J. MacReady; 11-28-2008 at 02:29 PM..

Old 11-28-2008, 06:52 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
the more i watch the sharks play the more i like them! love their style!
they're definitely fun to watch - i'm still skeptical until the playoffs given how the last few years have gone with good regular seasons, indvidual awards, hot finishes to the regular season ........... and a 2nd round exit

steve-o ...... your hawks are a fun team to watch and will provide fits to the sharks because they can skate with them - grier should get something for the hit, although I find it hard to believe that was his intent

he's far from a dirty player and players on both sides were saying that it was just a bad shot

even without what I feel is intent to get him, he still got him pretty good and definitely outside the boundaries of clean hitting

I have tix tommorrow night to SJ/Phx in the 3rd row - should be a blast, although it stink Jokinen is out for the 'yotes

Old 11-29-2008, 10:22 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,532 times
--The Flyers were hoping Danny Briere would be in the lineup for yesterday's game, but the 31-year-old center has hit a wall while rehabbing from his left groin strain and has been asked to stop skating. GM Paul Holmgren says Briere will take a couple days off from skating to see where he is after the rest.
--Red Wings' Darren McCarty was expected to rejoin the team but aggravated his groin injury in a morning skate session. He's being listed as day to day.
--Wow, economic times are making things scary for many hockey franchises: globesports.com: Trouble ahead
--Coyotes center Olli Jokinen suffered a shoulder injury in Wednesday night's victory at Columbus and will miss two to four weeks.
--Panthers continue to be bit by the injury bug as now Nathan Horton will be lost for an indefinite amount of time after sustaining a deep leg cut in the third period of Wednesday's shootout loss to the New Jersey Devils.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:28 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Good job, I was pulling for you guys against them! Too bad the Flyers still got a point out of it.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:01 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
the sharks just tied montreal's record for most points through 25 games

Old 12-04-2008, 07:59 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Okay, in case you guys have not heard, Peter Laviolette was dismissed of his coaching duties yesterday. So who takes his place? why our old coach Paul Maurice

I'm certainley willing to give him a chance again. I mean he did lead us to the finals before. But honestly, Lavi deserved to stay longer IMO and I'm sad to see him go.

I hate to say this, but I'm really not liking what this team is starting to become and tonights 5-2 loss showed. I hope though, this is for the good.

But, I'm a fan for life and I gotta represent.
Go Canes Go!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:02 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,294 times
That one's got me shaking my head also, I can only guess that with the Caps 3 ahead and all those players out (Semin, Green, Federov) the powers that be thought the Canes should have overtaken them. I just don't see Maurice being the guy behind the bench.

Of course now the lead has grown to 5 with the 5-2 win over the Isles last night. Should be a great game Sunday, are you going Canes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey