Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 08:47 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
yeah baby!!

we got er done! and cooled off the red-hot Senators
Thanks that'll get em of our backs. We got Toronto and Ottawa knocking on our door.

Buffalo won last night. We were down 3 to 1 and then boom baby came back to score 4 count em 4 goals in the 3rd. Man they played like another team in the third than the 1st two periods. But hey a win's a win. Maxi got the empty netter. ot decked after it, and Rivet started clobbering em. I love my SABRES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 08:27 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,243,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
Thanks that'll get em of our backs. We got Toronto and Ottawa knocking on our door.

Buffalo won last night. We were down 3 to 1 and then boom baby came back to score 4 count em 4 goals in the 3rd. Man they played like another team in the third than the 1st two periods. But hey a win's a win. Maxi got the empty netter. ot decked after it, and Rivet started clobbering em. I love my SABRES
Your welcome, btw, Ottawa loses to Atlanta tonight, by the looks of it, they appear all but finished.

Canes beat the Devils on the road 2-1 to reach 91 points on the year. This is a another big win for us, especially considering that we don't play again until Thursday night against the Rangers. Little concerned about this long break, but right now just happy we are getting the job done

Old 03-28-2009, 09:42 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,058,452 times
Can not believe the Blue Jackets scored three, yes three! , short-handed goals against the Blues, but thankfully, St Louis got the very badly needed 2-points in the shoot-out Now, on to OH to face 'em for their part of the home-and-home series... and two more points for the Blues!

Old 03-29-2009, 10:06 AM

1,966 posts, read 4,341,770 times
Quote:
Your welcome, btw, Ottawa loses to Atlanta tonight, by the looks of it, they appear all but finished.

Canes beat the Devils on the road 2-1 to reach 91 points on the year. This is a another big win for us, especially considering that we don't play again until Thursday night against the Rangers. Little concerned about this long break, but right now just happy we are getting the job done
Thanks to the Canes for keeping the Caps in second I was hoping that the Leafs would keep the Bruins in reach of first, but it was men playing with boys last night as the Bruins won 7-5. Caps have a break as well going into the home stretch which is good since they are still battling the flu.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:54 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,265 times
Sabres won in a shootout against Montreal on Saturday. Lydman of all people got the lone goal in the shootout. I was the Buffalo Bandits game and afterwards the Arena put the Sabres game on the jumbotron. Then went into OT. Then they kicked us out. They kicked at least 2000 people outta the arena during the Sabres game. Wow i love the dedication. So me and 50 people were standing in front of a tiny tv watching the shootout Sabres needed to win in regualtion though against the Canadiens, but hey a wins a win.
Now we are 4 points from Montreal and 5 points from da Rangers.
Facing Atlanta next. I would soooooooooooo love it if Buffalo snuck into the playoffs. Even if they get in then lose opening round. I'll just be happy if they get in

Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,341,770 times
Wow, several days go by without a post on this thread. Big congrats to my Caps for wrapping up the Southeast crown Granted it wasn't a total celebration since the Sabres won in OT but it was great hearing Rick J. "Pass to Pominville, he's in, he scorrrreeeessss". Gotta love Rick.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:53 PM

almost forgot to mention we beat the Rangers thursday night, hosting Pittsburgh @7, go Canes!

Old 04-04-2009, 12:39 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,058,452 times
Quote:
almost forgot to mention we beat the Rangers thursday night, hosting Pittsburgh @7, go Canes!
And the Blues, my lowly once-upon-a-time cellar dwelling Blues, had a slug fest win over the despised [and very talented] Red Wings Thursday night, in a fairly high scoring game, 5-4, w/ six of those goals in the 3rd period. Our Backes scored 4 of the 5 Blues goals... Kudos also to Mason for keeping our guys in the fight w/ many excellent saves on hard laser shots from Detroit. Was one of the most exciting heart-wrenching nerve-racking games have watched in some time.

St. Louis Blues beat Detroit in their “biggest game of the year” | Morning Skate | STLtoday (http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/morning-skate/uncategorized/2009/04/st-louis-blues-beat-detroit-in-their-biggest-game-of-the-year/ - broken link)

St. Louis Blues forward David Backes relives his four-goal game | Morning Skate | STLtoday (http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/morning-skate/uncategorized/2009/04/st-louis-blues-forward-david-backes-relives-his-four-goal-game/ - broken link)

As a long-time Blues fan, can not relay how amazing this season has been... win or lose, get to the playoffs or not, this season by far has been so durn and and and and and - more than I can recall ever experiencing... simply amazing.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:06 PM

YES! Carolina is heading to the playoffs. 3-2 win over the Pens tonight.

so intense this game. whew! thank God, the drought is over

Old 04-05-2009, 04:10 AM

172 posts, read 608,939 times
I cannot tell you how exciting this stretch drive to the playoffs has been (even if my Avalanche are nowhere near it, TANK FOR TAVARES!). I am really glad the Blackhawks are going to the dance, it has been much too long for that city not to have playoff hockey. I am also excited for two other teams that are making it: the Canes and the Blue Jackets*.

*In all likelihood

Oh, and I am really cheering for St. Louis to make it to the post season. It is good to see hockey is back on the map there, as it is a good hockey town. They really are a fun team to watch, so Go Blues Go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey