U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:58 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,088 posts, read 1,880,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
Still number one!
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/rangers/Rangers_creating_history.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 09:11 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,424,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynoodleboycey View Post
Been a Ranger fan for about 4 months now. Came over from the dark side because I'm actually a converted Isles fan! Really looking forward to this season. It'll obviously be tough without Jagr but there have been some superb signings over the offseason and the entire team looked solid throughout both the games against the Lightning. I'm off to New York later this month and have gotten tickets to see the Rangers against the Islanders at the Coliseum on the 27th so I can't wait for that.
Boo!!! You went to the dark side, you mean!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Status: "Thinking of a dish that will impress Gordon Ramsay" (set 20 days ago)

7,612 posts, read 8,599,829 times
wow the Rangers are looking good so far, 21 points out of 13 games!

Old 10-31-2008, 02:31 PM

40,054 posts, read 31,394,526 times
It's still early in the season, but I must say, it's heartening to see them playing so well out of the gate.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:42 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,088 posts, read 1,880,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
It's still early in the season, but I must say, it's heartening to see them playing so well out of the gate.
And Naslund feets nicely in so far NorthJersey.com: Rangers’ Naslund on the mark (http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Rangers_Naslund_on_the_mark.html - broken link)

Old 11-02-2008, 06:51 PM

31 posts, read 64,496 times
Default Voros and Avery

Okay, I know this is for Ranger fans, which I am not. However, Ranger's goalie Gilles Villemure was one of my favorite players in the 70's and now one of my favorite players has arrived in MSG and had a great start. I watched Aaron Voros a lot last year in Minnesota and became a big fan of his. Even though I don't watch many Ranger games, I will be following Aaron throughout his career. NHL.com had this article on Voros that I enjoyed:

NHL.com - Ice Age: Add classy to Aaron Voros' attributes - 11/01/2008

The second part of this is the Sean Avery thing. I am a Dallas super-fan (can't believe I'm rooting for a Dallas anything but the North Stars always were my favorite team). I'm not a happy camper with the whole Avery thing (I liken him to Kenny Linsman, "The Rat" from an earlier ice age). Dallas has decided to muscle up and has forgotten that defense and a workmanlike approach to the game is how they have been successful for many years. Yes, the Stars did beat the Rangers 2-1 earlier this year but sadly that game is the ONLY highlight of the year so far.

Ranger fans, enjoy Aaron Voros and the quick start you got off to, You can be assured that the Canadiens and Bruins, two of those teams you probably love to hate, will be hanging around come play-off time and maybe some old rivalries will be renewed.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:43 PM

40,054 posts, read 31,394,526 times
Memo to No Klugh: thank you for bringing up the name of Gilles Villemure. Those were the days! Eddie Giacomin and Gilles Villemure minding the nets for the Blueshirts.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:29 AM

3,233 posts, read 6,059,314 times
Big Rangers fan here. I'm glad for the good start, but the last two games have got me concerned. The loss in Toronto was really bad, giving up 5 goals in the last few minutes of the third. The game against the Islanders was also bad giving up 2 shorthanded goals in the third, after the Rangers were outshooting them all game. I hope they can put these game behind them and come out strong against the Lightning tonight at the Garden.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Status: "Thinking of a dish that will impress Gordon Ramsay" (set 20 days ago)

7,612 posts, read 8,599,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Big Rangers fan here. I'm glad for the good start, but the last two games have got me concerned. The loss in Toronto was really bad, giving up 5 goals in the last few minutes of the third. The game against the Islanders was also bad giving up 2 shorthanded goals in the third, after the Rangers were outshooting them all game. I hope they can put these game behind them and come out strong against the Lightning tonight at the Garden.
I hope so too. Beat Tampa for me, please?

Old 11-07-2008, 03:36 AM

2,160 posts, read 6,884,926 times
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! Great game tonight!! Lundqvist was really on top of his game. The rangers D definitely could not handle the St. Louis/LeCavalier lie...but Henrik the King could!! Finally some special teams goals!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey