Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 06:31 AM

317 posts, read 535,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
Wings take one in Anaheim tonight.

They had me nervous during the first 5-10 minutes of the game, but then they took the game over... What great puck handling. I mean, every time the Ducks had the puck on the boards, a Wing would take it away. Beautiful game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 07:34 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,349,956 times
And may I say, I really enjoyed the octopi on the ice. I suspect they wouldn't have shown up if the officating hadn't been so bad at the previous game. You know what they say: You can take the fan out of Michigan, but you can the Red Wing out of the fan! Did anyone catch the pre-game interview with Pronger, I believe, where he suggested that Detroit plays dirty and Holstrom is responible for a cheap shot on Wisnieski. Does he not watch the replays? Does he not know how many Lady Bing winners are on the Wings? Wisnieski's lung contusion is the result of taking a shot in the chest by another Duck. It is very obvious from the replay that he was dazed and was just as oblivous to Holstrom's presence as Holstrom was to his. Does Pronger really think that fans, even Ducks fans, are that stupid to buy into that load of crap? Please, don't even waste your breath talking trash if you can't make it sound plausible.

Last edited by MICoastieMom; 05-08-2009 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: fingers aren't working today; fixed spelling error

Old 05-08-2009, 10:36 AM

239 posts, read 355,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
JJJUUUSSSSSIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Tampa for giving us this guy
Agreed THANK YOU TAMPA ! MAN WHAT A GOAL!

Old 05-08-2009, 01:12 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,574,446 times
Red Wings played and great game last night!!!

GO WINGS

Old 05-08-2009, 07:42 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
And may I say, I really enjoyed the octopi on the ice. I suspect they wouldn't have shown up if the officating hadn't been so bad at the previous game. You know what they say: You can take the fan out of Michigan, but you can the Red Wing out of the fan! Did anyone catch the pre-game interview with Pronger, I believe, where he suggested that Detroit plays dirty and Holstrom is responible for a cheap shot on Wisnieski. Does he not watch the replays? Does he not know how many Lady Bing winners are on the Wings? Wisnieski's lung contusion is the result of taking a shot in the chest by another Duck. It is very obvious from the replay that he was dazed and was just as oblivous to Holstrom's presence as Holstrom was to his. Does Pronger really think that fans, even Ducks fans, are that stupid to buy into that load of crap? Please, don't even waste your breath talking trash if you can't make it sound plausible.
It's funny watching the dirtiest player in the NHL try to tell everyone how dirty the Wings play. The Wings are not perfect angels, but they seem like it compared to the Ducks. Wisniewski isn't a saint either. Did you hear how the Ducks were saying Holmstrom hit him while he was down on his knees? I didn't know Wisniewski wore skates on his knees. How tall is he when standng up?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:09 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,294 times
Angry Caps go down again

I swear this team drives me crazy For 30 years from going to being cellar-dwellers and nearly folding to playoff futility in the 80's, they had the Pens number and these last 2 games have been just plain awful to watch. Varlomov made great saves then proceeded to give up 2 soft goals, Green and Semin are just asleep.

Game 5 is must win or set the tee times.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:11 PM

Thumbs up Canes do it again 4-1

Speaking of someone asleep, it's got to be Chara. He didn't even try to stop Stahl on the 4th goal tonight, absolutely no defense for the Bruins.

Good win for the Canes, one win and they are in the conference finals.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:13 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,236,737 times
The Pens and Caps are playing tomorrow night. I'd say Pittsburgh has some good mojo heading to D.C. That should be a good game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Speaking of someone asleep, it's got to be Chara. He didn't even try to stop Stahl on the 4th goal tonight, absolutely no defense for the Bruins.

Good win for the Canes, one win and they are in the conference finals.
Awesome! They are happily surprising me I hope we close it out early. We dominated early and in the 3rd. Kinda soft 2nd but we got over that.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:58 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,236,737 times
The Pens-Caps series has taken an interesting turn. Malkin the game winner.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:09 PM

Unhappy Gotta feel the Caps are just snakebit

All things were legit in this game, both teams played great. The Caps have just been snakebit with this OT goal by Malkin.

I don't know if they will recover from this loss, looks like the tee times are going to be set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey