Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 09:34 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,511,871 times

Advertisements

Well, looks like the Yotes are staying in PHX, at least for this year. I am not against PHX eventually moving. Putting the arena in Glendale was dumb. However, maybe they do deserve 1 more year to figure it out. If no one wants to keep the team there after 5/2010, then move it.
I don't think they or any other team should move to Hamilton, since it would kill the Sabres. However, I think they would be smart to put a 2nd team in the ACC in Toronto. Toronto, itself, could support 2 teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 08:35 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,966,688 times
Default Flyers PreDraft MegaDeal ?

Has anyone heard any news/details on the Flyers supposed megadeal involving several teams thats supposed to be in the works to land LAs 1st round #5 pick ?

Old 06-20-2009, 10:05 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,167,795 times
My understanding is that they are currently shopping Daniel Briere, but I don't know if it is for the draft pick.

With Carter, Richards and Powe, I guess they feel they have sufficient C quality.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
My understanding is that they are currently shopping Daniel Briere, but I don't know if it is for the draft pick.

With Carter, Richards and Powe, I guess they feel they have sufficient C quality.

Well according to hockeybuzz.com reports there say that the Flyers are deeply involved in a multi-team deal that would bring them the LA #5 pick but it supposedly doesn't include Briere as he has a no trade clause.....of course that all changes if Briere wavies that clause perhaps for a team he really likes ?

Old 06-21-2009, 08:58 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,056,939 times
I've heard rumors but none of it sounds legit. If it involves getting rid of Hartnell and Carcillo, I'm all for it though. I just hope we can convince Knuble to come back and get Boweester and draft a defenseman as well. If we do that, I'd be happy, a little too unrealistic maybe but then again, I've seen crazier things.

Go Flyers!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:30 AM

8,785 posts, read 10,205,265 times
So who else is ready for the draft?

Old 06-22-2009, 09:15 AM

twista is

Old 06-22-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I've heard rumors but none of it sounds legit. If it involves getting rid of Hartnell and Carcillo, I'm all for it though. I just hope we can convince Knuble to come back and get Boweester and draft a defenseman as well. If we do that, I'd be happy, a little too unrealistic maybe but then again, I've seen crazier things.

Go Flyers!

Hartnell is ok with me....hes only gotten better since hes been in Philly.....We don't need Carcillo.....I'd rather have Cote.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Hartnell is ok with me....hes only gotten better since hes been in Philly.....We don't need Carcillo.....I'd rather have Cote.
Actually I just looked at the stats and Hartnell isn't bad, but Carcillo, Powe and Cote are terrible. Too many dumb penalties. I want to see Asham, Sbisa and Giroux get more ice time. Bouweester would be a great addition, after that all we need is a few more role player types. The pieces are in place.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Actually I just looked at the stats and Hartnell isn't bad, but Carcillo, Powe and Cote are terrible. Too many dumb penalties. I want to see Asham, Sbisa and Giroux get more ice time. Bouweester would be a great addition, after that all we need is a few more role player types. The pieces are in place.
Powe is a good fourth line checking center........Carcillo I don't need at all.....Cote is the toughest pound for pound enforcer around.....hes not going to win every fight but hes afraid of no one and takes on the biggest around without blinking. Its documented that Bouweester likes Philly....not that it guarantees he will end up here but that helps........it depends who we have to give up to get him....I know he has a no trade clause but wouldn't mind seeing Briere being shipped out too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey