Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:31 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmatt View Post
Is there a Web site that shows how many minutes each player is on the ice for each game?
yes
Schedule and Results : Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics

you need to click on an individual game and then click one of the two teams "Roster and Statistics" link towards the top of the page. TOI is shown for each player for each game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 07:39 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Oh, seriously. That story is getting way overplayed. They won the gold, they earned the right to celebrate. The IOC needs to get a life.
I totally agree. Those girls won and deserved to celebrate. I see nothing wrong in how they showed their excitement. Great bunch of girls. Go Canada!

Old 02-28-2010, 07:09 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
I hope the USA wins, the Canadians have won often enough already, I like underdogs, while I don't like teams that think they have some sort of right to win, just because they turn sports into some nationalist frenzy.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:51 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Win or lose the US Team has performed admirably and we should be proud of the entire US Olympic Team's effort. Plus if we lose, I will take great satisfaction in knowing we could invade and enslave the entire Canadian population...if we felt like it.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:44 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
I am going downstairs to put on the foil. Game on Leaf lovers.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:23 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,571,881 times
Do you think that the Canadian crowd would have appreciated lets say for instance the Russians after winning the Gold and drinking their Vodka and smoking cigars and throwing their Babushkas on the ice,do you think they would have appreciated it and not contact the IOC for Russia's disqualification ?

Old 02-28-2010, 12:43 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I am going downstairs to put on the foil. Game on Leaf lovers.
Enjoy...

YouTube - The Hanson Brothers Various - Slap Shot

Old 02-28-2010, 01:03 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,632 times
As an American who goes to Canada a lot because I have so much family up there (my mom's whole family, pretty much) I want the USA to DESTROY Canada.

Usually, I'm not such a "USA! USA! USA!" type, and I even root for underdogs against the USA sometimes (like tiny countries like Romania or Jamaica) but make no mistake about it, the USA is the underdog here and Canada is the brash, cocky, jock team who feels it's their right to beat the USA (especially) in hockey. It's not so much David-vs.-Goliath as it is NY Giants vs. Undefeated New England Patriots type of matchup. Oh, I guess that ws kind ooff David-vs.-Goliath. Whatever. It's like the Tri-Lambs vs. the Alpha Betas. I don't care what it's like as long as the USA beats those maple leaf wearing, tim-horton-eating, "oat and aboat"-saying, public-health-care-having, snow-dwelling, seal-eating Canucks!!! ESPECIALLY the Anglo Canadians - so brash and obnoxious! Just look at the cocky arrogant Canada women's hockey team!!!

COME ON USA BEAT CANADA!!!!

To me, this is bigger than when the USA beat Russia (although that was huge of course), because I DETEST Canada much more than Russia, of course (when it comes to hockey).

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Last edited by BergenCountyJohnny; 02-28-2010 at 01:13 PM..

Old 02-28-2010, 02:11 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
As an American who goes to Canada a lot because I have so much family up there (my mom's whole family, pretty much) I want the USA to DESTROY Canada.

Usually, I'm not such a "USA! USA! USA!" type, and I even root for underdogs against the USA sometimes (like tiny countries like Romania or Jamaica) but make no mistake about it, the USA is the underdog here and Canada is the brash, cocky, jock team who feels it's their right to beat the USA (especially) in hockey. It's not so much David-vs.-Goliath as it is NY Giants vs. Undefeated New England Patriots type of matchup. Oh, I guess that ws kind ooff David-vs.-Goliath. Whatever. It's like the Tri-Lambs vs. the Alpha Betas. I don't care what it's like as long as the USA beats those maple leaf wearing, tim-horton-eating, "oat and aboat"-saying, public-health-care-having, snow-dwelling, seal-eating Canucks!!! ESPECIALLY the Anglo Canadians - so brash and obnoxious! Just look at the cocky arrogant Canada women's hockey team!!!

COME ON USA BEAT CANADA!!!!

To me, this is bigger than when the USA beat Russia (although that was huge of course), because I DETEST Canada much more than Russia, of course (when it comes to hockey).

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
Bergen,,, ummmmm,,, sorry, but could you be a little bit more clear about which team that you actually would prefer to see win, and why?

So, how are your dad's in-laws?

Old 02-28-2010, 02:46 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
I totally agree. Those girls won and deserved to celebrate. I see nothing wrong in how they showed their excitement. Great bunch of girls. Go Canada!
Then do you agree it was wrong for the IOC to send a US bronze medal winner home early because of photos taken of him at a private party? If they're going to punish him for something he did at a private party then they should be fair and punish the Canadian women's hockey team for their antics on the Olympics hockey rink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey