Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 03:34 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTurner View Post
Ummmmm....actually you have implied in this thread that it DID definitely happen and that the Flyers simply overcame it.

Perhaps YOU need to review what you typed or comprehend what your own words mean?

Your own words:

So IF your point all along in this thread has been that there is no proof, then you sure had a funny way of expressing that.

Oh, and I don't really know how I'd possibly have the will to live if you ever added me to your lengthy ignore list! I have to wonder though why it's so long......maybe you have a penchant for not comprehending what you've said?

Sorry......I couldn't possibly add you to my ignore list.....the nonsense in your posts are just far to humorous to ignore !!! I know it may come as a shock to you but most who post on here actually have lives outside of posting on City Data.....I have been away for the holiday weekend.

In attempting to respond to your convoluted nonsense yes I did post "asking" if anyone had noticed the problems the Flyers has with losing their skate edge and asked about the reported "unknown substance" on the Flyers bench mat ? Other posters reported that the "official" report was that it was beach sand.....not I.

If you were not so bent on trying to make what I post sound wrong and post your negative views on the Flyers perhaps you might actualy post something that made sense rather than the jibberish you actually post.

Finally......in speaking of nonsense and jibberish would you please entertain us some more with your hysterically funny explanations of how goalie save percentages are calculated ?

Old 05-31-2010, 04:01 PM

660 posts, read 1,653,502 times
Quote:
Sorry......I couldn't possibly add you to my ignore list.....the nonsense in your posts are just far to humorous to ignore !!
Wow...your ignorance is astounding! You don't even realize that I was responding to and quoting SOMEONE ELSE!!!

Quote:
I have been away for the holiday weekend.
Nice of you to volunteer that piece of worthless information which no one here asked about.

The remainder of your last post was about stuff that wasn't directed at YOU. I quoted the person I was talking to and you STILL didn't get it.

Goalie save percentages? What's wrong...you can't post that in the same thread?

Edit: no name calling.ANY percentage of ANYTHING must be based upon an EQUAL SAMPLE.

I though you could grasp that when I explained that a forward's shooting percentage could be a perfect 100% if he only took one shot in one game and scored one goal in that game.

The same goes for goalies....if a goalie only played in one game, faced one shot, and made a stop, his save percentage would be perfect.

You CANNOT directly compare a goalie who's played 3 rounds with a goalie who's played 1.25 rounds and expect it to be a fair comparison.

BTW.....how'd your "playoff leading goalie" do in game 1? I could have sworn he got chased from the net.

I also saw Richards pouting, whining, and breaking his stick.....didn't I tell you he's a crybaby?

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 06-01-2010 at 08:04 AM..

Old 05-31-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Wow...your ignorance is astounding! You don't even realize that I was responding to and quoting SOMEONE ELSE!!!

Sorry.....I didn't realize there were others in line in front of me that you were seriously worried about them adding you to their ignore list because of the nonsense you continually post. I'll be glad to wait my turn. Do I need to take a number someplace so I know when it is my turn ?

Old 05-31-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Sorry.....I didn't realize there were others in line in front of me that you were seriously worried about them adding you to their ignore list because of the nonsense you continually post. I'll be glad to wait my turn. Do I need to take a number someplace so I know when it is my turn ?
Yeah...this really sounds like I was worried doesn't it dipstick??:

Quote:
Oh, and I don't really know how I'd possibly have the will to live if you ever added me to your lengthy ignore list! I have to wonder though why it's so long......maybe you have a penchant for not comprehending what you've said?
I have serious doubt that you could count anyhow judging by your poor math skills.

Nice try attempting to avoid being exposed as an idiot. Too bad it's too late for that now.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:38 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Get a room guys! We want to read or talk hockey. Thanks!

Old 06-01-2010, 10:11 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Get a room guys! We want to read or talk hockey. Thanks!
Agreed. Keep the discussion civil as I see where this is headed. Otherwise I'll close it.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:54 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Don't worry. Next thing from Flyer fan will be about the Blackhawks cheating!

Old 06-02-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Don't worry. Next thing from Flyer fan will be about the Blackhawks cheating!

Sorry to disappoint you but I haven't heard about any questionable behavior in this series. Again, I'll be honest in the fact that I am somewhat amazed that outright cheating seems to be acceptable by many posting on here. This is supposed to be a game of tradition supervised and played by men of character and honor but the elimination of character and honor doesn't seem to upset anyone. Since when did cheating become acceptable.....on any level ?
For those that see this as a harmless "prank" is it so harmless if you child were caught cheating in some form ? Those in sports are supposed to be role models yet some posting on City Data are making excuses as to why cheating in competition is acceptable and that its no big deal ? You would think exposing this type of behavior would bring disgrace but apparently not to some.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Again, I'll be honest in the fact that I am somewhat amazed that outright cheating seems to be acceptable by many posting on here.
When you PROVE there was cheating, then maybe we'll care.

Your "proof" consisted of some blog saying something and that some broadcasters mentioned that it seemed like there were quite a few Flyers losing their edge.

Quote:
some posting on City Data are making excuses as to why cheating in competition is acceptable
I don't recall anyone making any such excuses.

Personally...I will believe it when I read or hear it from a RELIABLE source and will reserve any comment on how ethical it is until then.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
When you PROVE there was cheating, then maybe we'll care.

Your "proof" consisted of some blog saying something and that some broadcasters mentioned that it seemed like there were quite a few Flyers losing their edge.

I don't recall anyone making any such excuses.

Personally...I will believe it when I read or hear it from a RELIABLE source and will reserve any comment on how ethical it is until then.

And what do you consider to be a reliable source ? Information provided by sports shows and on the spot hockey analysts isn't accurate enough ? It seems you just wish to take exception because its a) the Flyers and b) me posting on it ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey