Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:57 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,083,795 times

Advertisements

I am trying to choose a color for the entire interior of my new house. The builder is using Benjamin Moore paints.

I would like to do some shade of beige and an off white trim. My previous home had Sherwin Williams Gourmet Mushroom on the walls and Moderate White for the trim. I'm quite tempted to just give those colors to the builder and have them mixed at Benjamin Moore. I know them. I liked them.

I've got a few color strips from BM I've been looking over... I really would like to paint a few rooms different colors, but at $300 a pop I'd rather wait and do it myself later on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 01:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
I am trying to choose a color for the entire interior of my new house. The builder is using Benjamin Moore paints.

I would like to do some shade of beige and an off white trim. My previous home had Sherwin Williams Gourmet Mushroom on the walls and Moderate White for the trim. I'm quite tempted to just give those colors to the builder and have them mixed at Benjamin Moore. I know them. I liked them.

I've got a few color strips from BM I've been looking over... I really would like to paint a few rooms different colors, but at $300 a pop I'd rather wait and do it myself later on.
I like Putnam Ivory.

Look in my profile album - what you're thinking of is pretty much the scheme in my house.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:41 PM

Your house is beautiful. I like that color scheme. What is your trim color?

Old 06-25-2010, 01:50 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,675,370 times
My wife and I personally like the tan/beige family for whole house colors. To me it looks more interesting than a shade of white and is still very neutral to go with anything. It just seems to class a place up versus a flatter more boring color.

We generally use MAB paints and the following are two colors we have used:

1. Kelp Weed - A very nice color that has a little touch of green in it under direct light. Four people that we know have since used the color in their house they liked it so much in ours.

2. Cork Wedge - A traditional "tan" color that we used for the family room, hallways and stairwell in our current house. Again, it's an interesting color in it's own right, and goes with anything you put it with.

We used "Mexican Sand" in our master bedroom and bath as we felt the "Cork Wedge" was a little too light for the look we were going for. I personally think it's too dark for a whole house, but it could work depending on other factors.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
Your house is beautiful. I like that color scheme. What is your trim color?
Thank you!

Dover White from Sherwin-Williams. It is a very warm white and one that I've used for over 10 years now, in every house I've owned.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:53 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,808,560 times
Quote:

For trim we use a lot of White Dove,it's not stark white and it goes great with all wall colors. If you're looking to go a little more on the off white side Linen White is good too,I wouldn't go much darker than that on the trim or you'll limit yourself on wall colors down the road.

There's so many shades of beige but a few popular ones we've been using are Philadelphia Cream,Dunmore Cream(HC-29),Shelbourne Buff (HC-28)....Peanut Shell (2162-40) is a nice darker color for a family rm. we use a lot lately.

$300.00 per color Damn where are you located...lol We're only getting $125-$150.

I would upgrade to the Regal Matte finish if they're not going to charge you an arm/leg for it.The eggshell shows to many imperfections and doesn't touch up well,the Matte looks flat but has an angular sheen and is very durable and touches up great.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:31 PM

17,373 posts, read 14,622,936 times
BM's Shaker Beige. (Google and you'll find a truckload of photos)

It's a true beige - no peachy, orange or gray undertones.

If you prefer a bit darker, BM's Lenox Tan. Again, another true beige.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
BM's Shaker Beige. (Google and you'll find a truckload of photos)

It's a true beige - no peachy, orange or gray undertones.

If you prefer a bit darker, BM's Lenox Tan. Again, another true beige.
I have that color strip! Lol. I need to take a look at it again.

$300 is what the builder in MA is charging. He is doing 2 different colors in our kids' rooms free/included.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:50 PM

I really like bm shaker beige. i'll have to check out dove white to see how i like that. thanks guys.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:11 PM

17,373 posts, read 14,622,936 times
Quote:
I really like bm shaker beige. i'll have to check out dove white to see how i like that. thanks guys.
You'll love it.

We use Shaker Beige in our higher end rentals ... and in our own foyer and hallways here at home. Love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating