U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 02:24 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,396,124 times

Advertisements

So I painted my living room, dining room and kitchen Restoration Hardware Glacier Blue as I wanted to brighten and lighten the area. Our home does not get enough direct sunlight and I found Restoration Hardware Silver Sage to be too greeny for me. We are going to enhance the color of the walls by installing walnut or maple colored engineered hardwood floors and chocolate curtains to make it not look so baby boy room blue. The problem I have is that I have two hallways and an upper floor living room (that connect to these rooms that are painted Glacier blue) which I wish to paint another color but I am having a hard time on selecting one. What would you guys suggest? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 09:00 AM

13 posts, read 140,936 times
Default Color Ideas

I would sample SW Convivial Yellow or Behr's Bavarian Cream. These colors could tie in the walnut flooring, brown window treatments and blue walls.

Upload or email a photo to RoomVues.com RoomVues - Capture Your Color! and let them virtually paint your walls with these colors or any other colors to see how it looks.

Don't forget to post some photos of your finished job.

Old 10-10-2010, 03:08 PM

40,593 posts, read 50,150,928 times
I would love a cream or gray/white with the blue. You might want to look at Behr China White. I like it in my house, but you'd need to see it with your blue.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:10 PM

Thank you all! Wow I haven't looked through this thread because nobody responded earlier on. But thank you and I will look at those colors mentioned! I really appreciate it.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:48 PM

27,236 posts, read 42,924,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I would love a cream or gray/white with the blue. You might want to look at Behr China White. I like it in my house, but you'd need to see it with your blue.
My personal suggestion would have also been a gray, but you want to stay away from those with a greenish tint to them. I'd have to see the color, of course, but I would think you want a muted gray.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:21 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,313,934 times
I'm not sure exactly what your blue looks like but we painted our living room and dining room behr's prelude & silent tide blue, we recently painted the the hallway (which you can see from these rooms) Natural Twine from Martha Stewart I love it! It's a taupe color.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:35 PM

I am going to get samples of all your suggestions. My blue doesn't have green undertones in it. Its very icy baby blue. I will let you know what I have selected!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating