Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 08:25 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,916,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is the main reason to keep everything in the same family IMO. It will look more uniform and for resale it WILL reduce value that a realtor/appraiser will spot if appliances are not in the same family. I had my house on the market recently and had a buyer complain the dishwasher was a standard kenmore as everything else was kenmore elite. If OP doesn't plan on moving for the next 10-15+ years it might not be too huge of an issue but if they are, it won't be a great idea to mix and match.
We just sold a house this spring. It had a Dacor oven, Thermador cooktop, KitchenAid refrigerator and warming drawer, and a Miele dishwasher.

It went on the market Friday and we had multiple offers by the end of the day Saturday. What really made a difference is that the kitchen was beautiful AND that it was well designed. Nobody cares if the appliances are different brands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 06:44 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
If it goes out on your $500 Kenmore, you buy a $2 lighter.
LOL! Or you steal a pack of matches from the corner bar ...

Quote:
I can never ever seem to buy a washer and a dryer as a "set".
My washer and dryer was sold as a set. And you know ... the washer's capacity greatly exceeds that of the dryer. So much for sets.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:07 AM

738 posts, read 2,957,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
PFFT!!!
Any SS or black dishwasher will look fine with the Galley series (my pref would be black as I like the contrast). You have to be pretty insane to buy a bad product just so you can be all matchy-matchy. If you have to match what will happen when one thing goes and a replacement isn't available anymore? Replace EVERYTHING? Ridiculous.

I guarantee you nobody will notice. I have all brands in my kitchen and they are unified by similar colors only. Everyone compliments it.
I agree with this comment - who cares if they're different brands. Just get the appliance that meets your needs (better reviews for quality) and get it in a similar color.

My kitchen is also different brands for the appliances. The Fridge looks like it was replaced and upgraded from the builders package of the other appliances. It matches just fine, even with different handles because the color is what you mainly look at.

Someday I'd like to build a custom kitchen (after I've saved up enough), and I'll most likely have different brands for all of the appliances since each one may have a different brand that's best, like another poster mentioned doing when buying their appliances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating