Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 05:22 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Oh you girls! Your homes are so gorgeous!
I have it on good authority that your house is gorgeous!
Where are your pix?
This house is just a little ole double wide out in the wilds of Missouri, but I love it here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 05:34 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,294,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I've only gotten as far as the dining room (and outdoors). I'm hoping to work on the family room tonight once the kids are in bed, unfortunately we won't have the family room tree until this weekend.

I hang holiday cards & photos from the beaded garland hanging across the windows and french doors (you can't see those in these pics.)

ETA: I also need to add the train underneath the tree, along with "fake" wrapped presents & bows.

A Santa Tree...how adorable! Beautifully done decor, T.I.W.
Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:44 PM

Heres the other side of the living room, couldnt take a pix during the day, the light coming through the window is a bit much.

if I get the dining room done tonight, will post pix....kitchen tomorrow!
Please ignore the plants in front of the window, I keep moving the herbs around, trying to find a good home for them.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:22 PM

-sigh- I thought I had the candles for the German tree on the buffet, they're a special size, am going to have to try to find them in St Louis tomorrow.
Will have silver candlesticks with red candles clustered around the tree, dont have those candles, either.
Not really thinking of doing anything on the table, I think it would be a bit much.....thoughts? Its a really small area, as is this house.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:16 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,050,981 times
Kshe95girl - you have lovely home and I didn't notice it was a double wide. Of course girl, - you know how to decorate beautifully - that is what you do! You and I have similar tastes - we like the classics with a twist and beautiful earthtones - golds and reds for Christmas, some lovely old things thrown in.

As far as the center of your table goes - I had the same problem this year even with a big dining room...every time I did something in the middle of the table, it just seemed to put the room over the top. I settlted for a large crystal footed bowl filled with greens and faux pomegranates and it seems to be enough. I'd love to have a large antique silver tray for the center of the table and I'm always looking for a nice huge one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I saw a nice fairly plain one on eBay today that was silverplate and they wanted $450 for it which seems a bit much for silverplate. We use our table often, so whatever goes in the center needs to be able to be removed in one swoop.

I am finished decorating and will post pictures in a day or two. I have to bake today and go to a funeral tomorrow morning....but I'll try to find a few minutes for some pictures.

Merry Christmas Hugs!

I have bought candles twice in the last week and still need to find the impossible - dark red pillar candles - not Christmas red or that orangy/red...very hard to find.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Kshe95girl - you have lovely home and I didn't notice it was a double wide. Of course girl, - you know how to decorate beautifully - that is what you do! You and I have similar tastes - we like the classics with a twist and beautiful earthtones - golds and reds for Christmas, some lovely old things thrown in.

As far as the center of your table goes - I had the same problem this year even with a big dining room...every time I did something in the middle of the table, it just seemed to put the room over the top. I settlted for a large crystal footed bowl filled with greens and faux pomegranates and it seems to be enough. I'd love to have a large antique silver tray for the center of the table and I'm always looking for a nice huge one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I saw a nice fairly plain one on eBay today that was silverplate and they wanted $450 for it which seems a bit much for silverplate. We use our table often, so whatever goes in the center needs to be able to be removed in one swoop.

I am finished decorating and will post pictures in a day or two. I have to bake today and go to a funeral tomorrow morning....but I'll try to find a few minutes for some pictures.

Merry Christmas Hugs!

I have bought candles twice in the last week and still need to find the impossible - dark red pillar candles - not Christmas red or that orangy/red...very hard to find.
Cat, they have the really dark red pillars at Wal mart, of all places, in the Christmas stuff.......the idea about a silver platter is a good idea, I have a large one I am not using, will play with that later today, after I get back from St Louis, maybe some greenery and such on it?
Thank you for the compliments on my Missouri homestead, I love being home so much, and being able to have lifelong friends and family drop in all the time, to me, that is the most important thing, being surrounded by the ones I love, its what makes a house a home to me!

Old 12-08-2010, 02:48 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,050,981 times
Amen sister.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:31 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Quote:
Oh you girls! Your homes are so gorgeous!
+ 1!

Living vicariously here this year.

We're still under construction, but hope to spread a little bit of Holiday Cheer around the place.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
+ 1!

Living vicariously here this year.

We're still under construction, but hope to spread a little bit of Holiday Cheer around the place.
I'm still enjoying that pix you put up the other day!

Old 12-08-2010, 05:45 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I'm still enjoying that pix you put up the other day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M

OMG...those SHOES!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating