Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 07:44 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, the builders are just cheap. As you can see, changing to a larger molding, all white makes all the difference.

The trim over the doors, with the built-up profile I just love. It is a one piece header, here; First one.

MDF door header molding
I love molding, to me, its like the jewelry of a room, you know?
Growing up where I did, I fell in love with the art of plaster molding at a young age, and then appreciating wood molding wasnt too far behind.
I like the built-up profiles, too, I've been having a lot of fun choosing moldings for the house I mentioned earlier.
It has a 2 story foyer that needs some serious definition, along with a lot of other help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 07:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I love molding, to me, its like the jewelry of a room, you know?
Growing up where I did, I fell in love with the art of plaster molding at a young age, and then appreciating wood molding wasnt too far behind.
I like the built-up profiles, too, I've been having a lot of fun choosing moldings for the house I mentioned earlier.
It has a 2 story foyer that needs some serious definition, along with a lot of other help.
You should start a thread.

Back to those curtains.

Need the blue. Tan doesn't fit.

One of these would be perfect.

http://www.housefabric.com/categorys...egorySubID=577

With my 2 pictures I put up a few pages back, it would look just dynamite.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
You should start a thread.

Back to those curtains.

Need the blue. Tan doesn't fit.

One of these would be perfect.

Blue and Brown Luxury drapery and upholstery fabrics from around the world.

With my 2 pictures I put up a few pages back, it would look just dynamite.
Gonna see if we can put the off-topic sticky back up....cant believe you posted that site, I am headed to the brick and mortar store tomorrow to buy fabric for a sofa, and some chairs for my house in Florida .
If you are ever in STL, you must go there, its heaven!
Back on topic, with the stripes on the chair being such a strong presence, this fabric would be stunning on the windows, and as pillows on the sofa.
FIROZE SEAWEED 51RAY/45CTN/4POLY UPROLL 54" 6.8750 9.50 CL. CODE - S/USA/12,000 DR

Old 01-04-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Gonna see if we can put the off-topic sticky back up....cant believe you posted that site, I am headed to the brick and mortar store tomorrow to buy fabric for a sofa, and some chairs for my house in Florida .
If you are ever in STL, you must go there, its heaven!
Back on topic, with the stripes on the chair being such a strong presence, this fabric would be stunning on the windows, and as pillows on the sofa.
FIROZE SEAWEED 51RAY/45CTN/4POLY UPROLL 54" 6.8750 9.50 CL. CODE - S/USA/12,000 DR
Yes, that is nice, so is this one;

Orb Seaboard 62rayon/38poly, rairoaded, 54"wide, h:13.875 v:14

Any would do, other than a stripe, but she needs to tie those colors together. She needs that POP and the beige panels just don't do it.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Yes, that is nice, so is this one;

Orb Seaboard 62rayon/38poly, rairoaded, 54"wide, h:13.875 v:14

Any would do, other than a stripe, but she needs to tie those colors together. She needs that POP and the beige panels just don't do it.
I like that too....I think the OP should 86 the pillows on the sofa, the burnt orange is throwing everything off.
OP, I know you are on a budget, but as I said, better nothing in the short run than the wrong thing.
Its like I tell my clients, better to save your $, and spend it only once, and get something you truly love.
Dont compromise, you wont be happy, you'll just end up replacing it with something else, and then you could have had what you originally wanted, and spend the same amount of $.
My mom went with a naked living room in the big honking house I grew up in for 5 years after we moved in, because she wanted what she wanted, she saved her money and shopped sales.
The living room turned out beautifully, and I didnt have to feel like I was on display anymore when I practiced piano in there.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I like that too....I think the OP should 86 the pillows on the sofa, the burnt orange is throwing everything off.
OP, I know you are on a budget, but as I said, better nothing in the short run than the wrong thing.
Its like I tell my clients, better to save your $, and spend it only once, and get something you truly love.
Dont compromise, you wont be happy, you'll just end up replacing it with something else, and then you could have had what you originally wanted, and spend the same amount of $.
My mom went with a naked living room in the big honking house I grew up in for 5 years after we moved in, because she wanted what she wanted, she saved her money and shopped sales.
The living room turned out beautifully, and I didnt have to feel like I was on display anymore when I practiced piano in there.
I would have to agree. I don't know how many pieces I have gone through on the way to knowing and recognizing my style, or buying the cheap little fill in pieces that you really don't love.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I would have to agree. I don't know how many pieces I have gone through on the way to knowing and recognizing my style, or buying the cheap little fill in pieces that you really don't love.
Thanks!
I have seen so many people do that over the years, myself included when I was young and still in design school.
I just will not buy anything I am totally not in love with, and always encourage my clients to do the same.
Lol, I guess its a long-term love affair with me and my furniture.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Thanks!
I have seen so many people do that over the years, myself included when I was young and still in design school.
I just will not buy anything I am totally not in love with, and always encourage my clients to do the same.
Lol, I guess its a long-term love affair with me and my furniture.
Now that I "know" what I like, if I see it, I have to have it, whether its a picture or a mirror or piece of furniture. I did that with the two pictures over my LR sofa on page 2 - looked for ages for just the right "thing".

Same with something to go over my mantel - was looking for a picture(s) or a mirror and when I saw this;

I knew that was it.

In fact, this kind of mirror would go well over the op's sofa.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Now that I "know" what I like, if I see it, I have to have it, whether its a picture or a mirror or piece of furniture. I did that with the two pictures over my LR sofa on page 2 - looked for ages for just the right "thing".

Same with something to go over my mantel - was looking for a picture(s) or a mirror and when I saw this;

I knew that was it.

In fact, this kind of mirror would go well over the op's sofa.
I'm a furniture, accessory and fabric junkie, and not ashamed to admit it.
I know what I like, and one thing my clients tell me is that they love that I can interpret their wishes for their spaces.
I love the piece you posted, but the sofa in the OPs space looks as though it might be smaller than the piece?
Hard to tell the scale from the pix....

Old 01-04-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I'm a furniture, accessory and fabric junkie, and not ashamed to admit it.
I know what I like, and one thing my clients tell me is that they love that I can interpret their wishes for their spaces.
I love the piece you posted, but the sofa in the OPs space looks as though it might be smaller than the piece?
Hard to tell the scale from the pix....
Yeah, she would need to get a proportional fit, whatever piece(s) she chooses. I happen to like the "series" pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating