Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 08:20 PM

72 posts, read 140,918 times

Advertisements

I really can't thank you and everybody enough! I feel like I should have a virtual housewarming party in the living room when this is all done! I never imagined anyone would care enough to do all this work and though so thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 08:49 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,831,238 times
You're very welcome! It's my pleasure to help you. I'm living vicariously through your living room!

I can only daydream of doing my own living room because it has been put on hold until my husband recovers from his surgery.

We'll all appreciate seeing the finished real life 'before' and 'after' pictures in one thread. That will be a virtual housewarming party for us!

Old 01-31-2011, 05:47 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,416,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Did you post pics of your living room yet Hopes? I love my rug from Target. My only complaint it is wool and tends to shed. Not so much now but when I first got it. It does load up the vacuum pretty quickly and I have read wool shouldn't be vacuumed, swept is the general advice but it has really held up. I have had it over a year. I get tons of compliments on it.

I agree- all the other rugs are way too traditional, pale colored and insignificant.

I would go for a rug with different colors, not monochromatic.
If you find it harder to pick colors a rug can act as the perfect aid.

But-the most important thing is that it's a rug you like.
Brown leather sofas will look good with almost any color(s)

Just because there are green walls in another room doesn't mean the main color in the living room has to be green too.

It's OK to vary the proportion of colors from your color scheme in different rooms, and each room doesn't have to have all the colors from your scheme.

You might have a scheme with 4 colors in it, but rooms can have 2,3 or all of the colors in them in varying proportions.
Eg brown may be the main color in the living room, but elsewhere may just be an accent color.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:43 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,915,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
You're very welcome! It's my pleasure to help you. I'm living vicariously through your living room!
Ditto this!
I really, really love what I do for a living, and if I can help anyone, thats an added bonus!

Old 01-31-2011, 08:06 PM

2,028 posts, read 5,416,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
That's be a heck of a lot easier, prevent a 'rug color error' and make the room look larger, wouldn't it?
Mmmm- you could end up with a carpet color error intead

Old 01-31-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
Mmmm- you could end up with a carpet color error intead
Lol, imagine that!

Old 02-05-2011, 12:54 PM

That's the new rug. My husband moved the couches again because he didn't like the bad view of the TV. They can go back however...

Thoughts on the rug?
Attached Thumbnails
Rug help for living room-newlivingrug.jpg  

Old 02-05-2011, 02:47 PM

The rug looks fabulous!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2011, 03:23 PM

What about the new couch arrangement? It's a little different than the L shape I had before....now one couch is against the window and the other is against the wall. Can see the TV and fireplace from both. Thanks so much!

Old 02-05-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthelegend View Post
What about the new couch arrangement? It's a little different than the L shape I had before....now one couch is against the window and the other is against the wall. Can see the TV and fireplace from both. Thanks so much!
I would nudge the cocktail table closer to the sofa and bring the sofa under the window closer to the other sofa, with perhaps a sofa table behind it.
One only needs 18" between the table and sofa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating