Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:06 AM

72 posts, read 141,201 times

Advertisements

I decided for now to leave couches as is. But I need a rug and am not sure the size (under coffee table, front legs of couch, or coming out other side of couches) and what color and material to go for. Thank you! You can see the granite up close at Pictures by keepthelegend - Photobucket
Attached Thumbnails
Rug help for living room-046.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 10:37 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
If this were me I would go with an oriental rug says some earthy reddish /rudy colors . You have a beautiful place btw . I hope you find a rug that you like .

Old 01-27-2011, 02:32 PM

892 posts, read 3,161,630 times
I say go with the smallest rug the room will pull off, perhaps one under the table. And let it have some oomph!

Old 01-27-2011, 06:14 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times
I prefer the couches as you originally had them, at an angle. Just my preference, though. I love Oriental and persian rugs; it just seems that the room may be a little too small to pull them off with such 'heavy' couches.

As far as 'oomph' goes, you can't go wrong with Danish or Scandinavian contemporary rugs. I also agree that using the smallest rug the room will pull off under the table would work best. Beautiful room, btw.

Some rug ideas:
Oriental Rugs | Heritage Unlimited Area Rugs
Scan Design Furniture

Old 01-27-2011, 07:07 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Your room is asking for a rug large enough to put all of the furniture on, a small rug is just going to look out of scale, like a postage stamp on the side of a barn.
Cant really suggest anything at this point, your room and furniture are traditional, theres no color to play with in there yet, or fabrics....

Old 01-27-2011, 07:43 PM

256 posts, read 1,390,549 times
The current arraingment allows you to put all of the furniture on the rug and whenever possible I think that looks best.

I would love to have that option, but I've got doorways and furniture along walls that limit my rug options.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:39 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Your room is asking for a rug large enough to put all of the furniture on, a small rug is just going to look out of scale, like a postage stamp on the side of a barn.:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decorchallenged View Post
The current arraingment allows you to put all of the furniture on the rug and whenever possible I think that looks best.
Totally agree that your rug should be as large as possible. You want the entire center furniture arrangement to be on the rug. The rug can be bigger than the arrangment.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:10 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
I also agree a large rug. I think eventually when you are able to replace the furniture you will be the most happy. It is hard moving in a new place as sometimes existing furniture doesn't always work. I went through that a while back. It drove me nuts but moving is not cheap and sometimes it takes awhile but also gives you time to study a room and figure out what is best.

I bought my last rug at Target. It has wow factor. They have many vibrant patterns and I am falling in love with Target all over again.

Fieldcrest® Luxury Jacobean Floral Wool Rug Collection - Brown : Target

The rug before that was from Home Depot. January is a good month for home sales. Home Depot and Lowes will have good deals on large rugs for a lot less. Special buy items that are normally not offered.

Good luck. Hope to see pictures when it is all done.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:15 AM

256 posts, read 1,390,549 times
Man, I just looked at the pic again and....I don't even know why this is a question unless it's about $$$. The big rug is really going to do the job!

Old 01-28-2011, 12:33 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Nice room!

Don't know the size of your room but a large rug would do nicely. Whatever you choose, make sure you post an "after" photo so we can all see the results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating