Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:41 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
They dont tell you about that part......I cant tell you how many times people would come into furniture stores where I was the designer, and have damage or warranty issues.
A friend of a friend bought all her furniture from NC and raved about it. So it got me thinking. A few years ago we went to NC and looked at the furniture malls. It did seem a lot cheaper but I sure as heck do not want a headache of shipping items back. I get pissy when I have to return something from a catalog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 01:47 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
A friend of a friend bought all her furniture from NC and raved about it. So it got me thinking. A few years ago we went to NC and looked at the furniture malls. It did seem a lot cheaper but I sure as heck do not want a headache of shipping items back. I get pissy when I have to return something from a catalog.
I should have added in that last post that the people seeking help had bought the same brand, but from NC, my bad.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:12 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,091,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So much of the "trendy" furniture is just that and manufactured overseas. I prefer furniture made here in the USA. It tends to last longer and be made of a higher quality.
Same here. Not only am I a believer of Made in the USA but the quality is unbeatable. Nearly all of our furniture is vintage/antique, restored or in various states of restoration.

The new stuff just makes me gag.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:03 AM

1,654 posts, read 7,347,764 times
Any decent furniture company will offer white glove services for shipping, I advise you to take it.

It's all in what you're willing to pay for.

Also, Williams Sonoma Home has some wonderful upholstered beds.

I think if you really want to invest in something that will last, you'd need to increase the $2500 budget. I'm not saying what you'll find in that range won't last, but all furniture has a lifespan. I'm sure you're well aware of that however.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post
Any decent furniture company will offer white glove services for shipping, I advise you to take it.
Damage can occur anywhere in the shipping process, the only thing that white glove will cover is if the furniture is damaged when the delivery guys bring it into the house.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:15 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,347,764 times
I've never had a problem with furniture being shipped from anywhere. More often than not, it's wrapped tighter than a fat woman in spandex, then covered and wrapped in cloth.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post
I've never had a problem with furniture being shipped from anywhere. More often than not, it's wrapped tighter than a fat woman in spandex, then covered and wrapped in cloth.
Ok, now get that image out of my head, puleeeeeeze!
I've seen more furniture arrive from the manufacturer to the warehouse than anyone can imagine, from low to high end, and its not wrapped in cloth.
They pack furniture in cardboard and plastic from the manufacturer.
Likely your furniture was deluxed.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,669 times
Default Paula Deen Furniture

Wish I had read reviews before purchasing the Paul Deen dining table, chairs and buffet. The evening after my furniture was delivered, I noticed one of the legs on a chair was 0.5 inches shorter than the other 3, then noticed this was the case with another chair. 1 week later noticed the bottom was falling our of the buffet. There are 4 drawers in that piece; and I had only opened the drawer once to store the cover for the table leaf. The furniture was not cheap and I would have expected it to be more durable. I am awaiting a call from the store in an effort to have the furniture returned. This will be difficult with the holidays but the sooner I can get rid of it...the happier I will be

Old 11-09-2011, 10:18 PM

935 posts, read 3,447,733 times
Kshe, what is your take on Riverside and Broyhill. Both seem to be in a price range not too far beyond the low-end stuff, but seems to be much more substantial in build quality than Universal / AA / etal... manufacturers.

I second the comments on PB quality. I've noticed a significant drop in quality over the past 10 years. Even worse is C&B. I have an clearance store near my home. You ever want to see what a product is really worth? Look at pieces in a clearance center.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:38 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
But does it come with butter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating