Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What color kitchen appliances do you prefer?
White 32 26.45%
Black 29 23.97%
Bisque/Almond 10 8.26%
Stainless look 6 4.96%
Stainless steel 34 28.10%
Oil rubbed bronze 0 0%
Other (specify) 10 8.26%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
Ultimately, I'd want them to be faced to match the cabinets. And all others appliances to look the same, or, at least "hidden" and off the counters. Otherwise, white and hidden when the could be; toaster oven, microwave, coffee pot.
The more textures, the more colors you use in a room make the room look "chopped up", and I hate that.

you and me both.

I agree. I hate fridges, they are the ugliest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 11:14 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,936,800 times
Black's my favorite, but I love to add a red one here and there for some color!

Old 06-04-2012, 12:47 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,682,095 times
Stainless steel to me is very year 2000... pre-bubble home trend, in the past.
Although I do still like stainless on certain things like sinks, hood etc... cleaning stainless steel appliance is still a pain.

I have a glass front stove, love cleaning it.
So if that next trend is glass front refrigerator & appliances... for the look, the function & how easy it is to clean it... is a trend I will gladly embrace.
My mom use to have a glass (clear, see through) commercial fridge... she loves that thing (function & maintenance-wise). Very very easy to clean.

Black is the new kitchen color trend. | Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center | Blog
Top Five Product Trends at KBIS 2012 | Kitchen Design Blog | CliqStudios

Black is always my fav. color for appliances... it ties in with stainless steel look (so great flexibility if one wants that resale value investment IMO)... if one haven't noticed how many stainless appliances also have black in it.
Stainless is also not really a color and if one think it like a mirror & hold any color to its surface... it will reflect & pick up that color... black its easy compatible cousin.

And Glass front, would be my pick for the ease to clean.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 AM

327 posts, read 774,235 times
My wife buys stainless steel wipes that make it pretty easy to clean the appliances. I don't know where she gets them from, but they're in a container like clorox wipes and it does a great job of getting fingerprints off and it doesn't streak. We have a four and a five year old son but our kitchen stays clean.

The only thing that I find hard to keep clean in the kitchen is the smooth electric cooktop. I use the cleaner and pad made for it, but it takes a lot of time and it's hard to get rid of the white residue around the edges after using the cleaner. I can't wait to go back to a gas stove.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:06 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,377,094 times
Stainless with black coming in a close second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating