Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 03:46 PM

42 posts, read 58,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I thought you were referring to the "can't paint the apt walls post."
Nope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 05:56 PM

256 posts, read 1,390,408 times
If you can afford to buy the pieces you keep suggesting, you can afford a designer. But you don't seem interested in working within the accepted guidelines of design, so I think you are the only one that can execute your vision. Good luck and please, come back and show us the finished room!

Old 10-27-2011, 06:40 PM

I do agree but I have to be able to relay my dream to the designer don't I? I came to the forum for ideas, which I got and I do appreciate. Thank you all for your time and suggestions!

Old 10-27-2011, 06:47 PM

256 posts, read 1,390,408 times
Thank you for posting the pic of that chair with the striped cushion. I just may redo my whole bedroom around that chair!

Old 10-27-2011, 09:27 PM

Yeah it's a beautiful chair isn't it? I love it!

Old 10-28-2011, 08:12 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
That chair is stunning. You would be wise to decorate your room around the chair. Use the colors in it as a template. Have as much fucshia as you want (in the same shade of fuschia as on the chair) and blance it with lots of black and then use white/pale pink as accent colors.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:45 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Finally I find people who love my favorite colour....

Old 10-28-2011, 10:37 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckIsaLady View Post
Cold that was really rude of you to say and you do not know me so your opinion is far from valid. RK no, I do not agree with you. I like fuchsia, I don't want it to be boring and just an accent like everyone else would do. I want drama and flair. Too much for other people is often not enough for me. I want a loud bright room that no one else would dare ever have.
LOL OP Let me provide advice: I love FUCHSIA!

Honestly I am like you and I am HOT and vibrant.

But what I found is that I feel better if I have a house that's decorated to offset my personality. I am a Type A, hot-tempered, GO GO GO type of person, and having cool, relaxing colors in my house tempers my personality.

Having said that, I think you can do FUCHSIA W/ White walls and stark white everything else. It will make the color POP and look pretty but also not be overwhelming and too dark and warm.

If you are lucky enough to have a beautiful apartment w/ high ceiling, nice moulding etc...then white walls I think will look faboo. I think a Bollywood look is GREAT, but not for the personality you seem to have.

If you do magenta, fuchsia, yellow...I think the space will LOOK great, but you may be too keyed up etc to really relax at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating