Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 06:47 AM

89 posts, read 268,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
For additional color combinations, consider aqua and chocolate, coral, sunset, reds that contain more orange, ice blue, peacock. My personal favorite is lime green which also couples well with some of these other colors.

Regarding furniture. I believe there is a Scan design in your area.
I like these color combinations, I especially like the aqua and chocolate. That's how I did my bathroom in another house, turned out great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 07:14 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum350 View Post
Hello,

I will be moving into an empty house in about 2 weeks in Ft. Myers, FL from Phila, PA. I am a guy who likes the modern/contemporary style. I plan on stopping in NC to hit up the furniture outlets and wanted to get some opinions on what would look good. The place I am moving into is pretty much all painted off white and I would like to add some color to it w/out painting.

THANKS!
We shopped in the Manayunk section of the City of Philly before we moved to SE Florida and found a lot of Scan Design furniture so we purchased lots. If you are looking for color in furniture you may find that the Carolina furniture companies concentrate on the browns and darker colors.

The aquas, lime greens, blue-teals and yellows, along with shades of red look great and can be discovered in Ft Myers at Robb n Stuckey or Denmark Interiors. Our home has a lot of white walls and we used art pieces along with caribbean furniture such as multi colored wall art and very heavy wicker to decorate our home. Lots of windows also help along with painting stripes between the ceiling and walls can substitute a lot of the look you are searching to achieve.

Good luck and we have several friends living in Ft Myers.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:09 PM

47 posts, read 246,636 times
Benjamin Moore's pale avacado is a great lime green paint color (and I'm really into lime green Will look great with the stone sofa and your floor. Sounds like a great place!

Old 01-16-2010, 08:21 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Go to dwr.com (Design Within Reach), They have some great stuff.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:06 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,250,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
For additional color combinations, consider aqua and chocolate, coral, sunset, reds that contain more orange, ice blue, peacock. My personal favorite is lime green which also couples well with some of these other colors.

Regarding furniture. I believe there is a Scan design in your area.
Do you mean ice blue with peacock? That sounds intriguing to me. Can they be together in a casual room? Can you show some examples?

Thanks!

Last edited by photobuff42; 01-17-2010 at 10:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating