Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 12:59 PM

4 posts, read 8,884 times

Advertisements

I like brown, blue, red, black and the aforementioned grey. Yellow is definately not an option and purple and green I'm impartial to.

The apartment has plastic flooring. I'm a bit hesitant to use a large rug however because it'll propably emit a lot of dust but then again I guess that has a lot to do with the quality and the material of the rug. Thanks for the input everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 04:43 PM

1,160 posts, read 4,245,428 times
Brown and blue look very good together, which they also go with your black desk. Your pop color can be red. To get the lighting right, a floor lamp or table lamp with a three-way switch will get the mood right for you, and yet you can turn it up to more wattage for work. Don't forget to keep your eye out for an inexpensive framed print, that also "warms" up a room and makes for a lived-in look. For more "seating," you can get a couple great big floor pillows, stack them in a corner. A small table might be too much for your room, but good for drinks for folks sitting on the floor, perhaps.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:28 PM

935 posts, read 3,447,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alt4ir View Post
I like brown, blue, red, black and the aforementioned grey. Yellow is definately not an option and purple and green I'm impartial to.

The apartment has plastic flooring. I'm a bit hesitant to use a large rug however because it'll propably emit a lot of dust but then again I guess that has a lot to do with the quality and the material of the rug. Thanks for the input everyone!
Brown and blue make a great color scheme. So do brown and white and blue and white and you can pop either of those with a little bit of red accent color.

This is sort of what I am thinking...
Having trouble deciding a color scheme in bedroom-0b1da2677e32.jpg

I would do a basic solid comforter or blanket in either white or blue with a brown blanket that you can fold and lay across the foot of the bed (like pictured). Use brown or navy blue sheets and add some throw pillows like these:
Having trouble deciding a color scheme in bedroom-61nbmaqhr-l._sl500_aa300_.jpg Having trouble deciding a color scheme in bedroom-511m3lxjgxl._aa300_.jpg

Do use a white dust ruffle as well (similar to the one in the picture). I know most guys don't understand these, but they are great for hiding the stuff you want to store under your bed.

The add a curtain like one of these:
Having trouble deciding a color scheme in bedroom-p14120194.jpg Having trouble deciding a color scheme in bedroom-13793933.jpg Having trouble deciding a color scheme in bedroom-p13928937.jpg Having trouble deciding a color scheme in bedroom-p12155862a.jpg

Coffee Bean Vintage Faux Textured Dupioni Silk 108-inch Curtain Panel | Overstock.com
Kent 84-inch Sheer Panel with Metallic Accent | Overstock.com
Lush Decor Blue/ Brown 84-inch Covina Curtain Panels (Set of 2) | Overstock.com
Sahara Rod Pocket 96-inch Curtain Panel | Overstock.com

Here is a duvet cover that I like which I think isn't too feminine, but is more interesting than just a plain solid color or stripe:
Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Blue Twin-size Duvet Cover | Overstock.com

I wouldn't worry too much about an area rug causing dust. I think it will likely cut down on dust if the floors are solid. Something like these:
Having trouble deciding a color scheme in bedroom-p14134617.jpg Having trouble deciding a color scheme in bedroom-mla13362610.jpg
Hand-tufted World Classic Blue/ Grey Wool Rug (5' x 8') | Overstock.com
Jill Rosenwald Hand-woven Blue Loch Wool Rug (5' x 8') | Overstock.com

Art:
Also, if you don't have a headboard, you can do some kind of art behind the head of the bed, like this:
Having trouble deciding a color scheme in bedroom-550_101387482.jpg

If you don't have a large art budget, you can frame lots of things. One of my favorites is to frame wrapping paper. Find a local paper store like Paprus (the paper source has some cool papers, as does the container store) and buy some wrapping papers that you think are hip and cool and frame them in some square frames from Ikea. RIBBA Frame - walnut effect - IKEA (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00161856/#/00161856 - broken link) http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/...an-papers.html

Having trouble deciding a color scheme in bedroom-550_101541284.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating