Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 10:26 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,511,430 times

Advertisements

Buying home in another state as vacation house--will be unfurnished--

want beds that are unobtrusive since bedrooms are not that large...
lower profile platform beds seem to offer best style but don't own any of them...

read review for bed I did like on Amazon and one poster who bought one said that it came with "box" underneath as support for mattress--that either shows pretty unsightly or makes you use bedshirt to hide it from view

don't want to use bedskirts--want clean lines--

anyone have info on that--
there are never any photos that show the underneath area of the beds...

does it matter as to expensive/unexpensive beds or is it just function of having that lower profile look?

For reference this is bed style I like-
Wynwood Furniture Storage Bed Garden Walk WY6634-90Q:Amazon:Home & Kitchen
althought that is not the bed that had the comment about the underneath support box...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 12:16 PM

151 posts, read 205,292 times
I own a platform bed. I've had it about 3 years now. Love it!

SleepRevolution Bed Frames Blog » Blog Archive » Platform bed finished in black

The above is identical to mine. To support the mattress (no box spring required!) there is a "ladder" of wooden slats to hold it up.

It is nice because it does seem to fit well into a smaller sized room with no problems.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:38 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,511,430 times
So your bed has nothing supporting mattress but the dlats!
Nothing visible underneath? What sz?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:10 PM

13,260 posts, read 22,670,360 times
More platform beds:

Beds - Bedroom - Room & Board

Here's one showing the platform slats:

Parsons Bed - Beds - Bedroom - Room & Board

(picture in the slideshow)

We've gotten two platform beds from these folks and have been very happy with both.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:58 PM

1,962 posts, read 6,783,414 times
We have bought platform beds from Ikea, it is Ikea quality, but no problems with it being a platform bed and works better for my back (& pocket) not to have a boxspring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating