Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 11:39 PM

61,719 posts, read 87,123,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I am wondering if it really is OP backsplash or not. In the lower left corner of the pic, it says I wish!!! I don't like it personally, I think it is too busy and would make me dizzy working it a kitchen like that. That said, I can also recognize the talant and work to make that come together. What ever makes you happy!!!!
yep, you are probably right...
Looks like its something OP would wish to have...

mosaic-backsplash3 « Alexandra Immel
http://www.alexandraimmeldesign.com/about/mosaics/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 11:45 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
In the Southwest you'll find many Spanish style homes with backsplashes like the OP desires. It's part of the culture of these style homes. Most people love 'em.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:52 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
I think the mosaic backsplash is unique and wonderful. It would make a kitchen with simple cabinets really sing with color. How prospective buyers might regard it would probably depend on what the backsplash is surrounded by--good clean quality cabinets, or cheap junk.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:35 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
In the Southwest you'll find many Spanish style homes with backsplashes like the OP desires. It's part of the culture of these style homes. Most people love 'em.
I know someone in Tucson who is a tile artist and did two large murals of this type on the wall behind her pool that she created as the pool was being built. The pool contractor offered her a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating