Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 02:28 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Honestly, to do it right, there will need to be some blue in the accessories to talk to the bedspread, otherwise its going to look like a giant blueberry floating in a vast sea of ice cream.
The Hooker trends pictures disagree with you. There are many pictures where only one thing is blue.

Quote:
With a room that has a 2 tone color scheme, continuity is the key.
The two tones are beige and white. The blue is the accent.

Quote:
I wanted to see the style of furniture, the windows, etc to suggest things for a completed room, like I would do for a client.
Understood. But since many people can't/won't post photos here, I like to help them without photos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 02:30 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I think you're wrong. And the Hooker trends site says you're wrong too. There are many pictures where only one thing is blue.

Yea, the two tones are beige and white. The blue is the accent.

Understood. But since many people can't/won't post photos here, I like to help them without photos.
Sorry you feel that way.
You do realize that Hooker is there to sell their furniture, right?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that includes me.
-shrugs-

Old 10-18-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Sorry you feel that way.
You're right there on the button. I changed that wording out quickly.

Quote:
You do realize that Hooker is there to sell their furniture, right?
Of course! In many, the blue wasn't the furniture. And, come on, you are the one who posted the site.

Hooker's designers know what they're doing! Very talented! I loved their concepts! Very refreshing!

Quote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that includes me.
Right! That includes me too!

Old 10-18-2012, 02:36 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,480 times
I think everyone's taste is different but I do agree with kshe95girl about incorporating the color through the whole room. I read somewhere where you should have an accent color in 3 areas of a room to bring the color scheme altogether. Having one accent color in the room on a piece as large as a bed would seem disjointed to me. However, if you want you eye to stop there and make it the center of attention, that would do it.
In the real world, you can make whatever decorative decisions you want in your own home. It is there to make you happy...not to follow a design book.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
You're right there on the button. I changed that wording out quickly.

Of course! In many, the blue wasn't the furniture. And, come on, you are the one who posted the site.

I loved the concepts! Hooker's designers know what they're doing! Very talented!

Right! That includes me too!
Then please be kind enough to allow me to work the way I wish to, I'm not telling you that you cant work the way you want to.
I come to this area to have fun and help people that might benefit from my experience, not to have people argue with me.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
I think everyone's taste is different but I do agree with kshe95girl about incorporating the color through the whole room. I read somewhere where you should have an accent color in 3 areas of a room to bring the color scheme altogether. Having one accent color in the room on a piece as large as a bed would seem disjointed to me. However, if you want you eye to stop there and make it the center of attention, that would do it.
In the real world, you can make whatever decorative decisions you want in your own home. It is there to make you happy...not to follow a design book.
Exactly right.....btw, your advice about looking in peoples closets for their favorite colors is spot-on.
I do that with clients that are a bit color-phobic.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
Definitely. A couple small splashes would work. It would look best with the dark blue being the accent color for the room with white and beige being the main colors. Any blue accessories should be small and very minimal to keep the room fresh.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:45 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
If she likes black and white, I'd go for gray. Or maybe a grayish/slate blue color. Both choices would be neutral yet also contemporary. It would look sharp if you put up black and white art with a few little pops of colors that would match pillows on the bed spread. I like the beige walls, too, but I wonder if the daughter would like beige? To a lot of kids, beige = unhip, something the older generation would choose.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Then please be kind enough to allow me to work the way I wish to, I'm not telling you that you cant work the way you want to.
I come to this area to have fun and help people that might benefit from my experience, not to have people argue with me.
I haven't told you how to work. I merely shared how my mind works. You chose to challenge it. If you don't want to fight, don't do it.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I haven't told you how to work. I merely shared how my mind works. You chose to challenge it. If you don't want to fight, don't do it.
Look, you told me I was wrong, and then went and reworded it.
I never said you were wrong at all.
I am NOT going to quibble with you on Golfgals thread about all this, lets just drop it right now.
Its not helping Golfgal, and isnt that the point here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating