Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 07:50 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times

Advertisements

I hate wood floors and any sort of ceramic tile and I go with carpet everywhere I can including the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room. It can be cleaned whenever necessary and I always have warm feet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 01:09 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,354,654 times
Default Won't "cleaned whenever necessary" result in...

...wet feet???

Underfloor heat is quite popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I hate wood floors and any sort of ceramic tile and I go with carpet everywhere I can including the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room. It can be cleaned whenever necessary and I always have warm feet.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:03 PM

4,214 posts, read 6,903,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I'm very opposite. I hate most carpet and go with tile and wood anywhere I can :P (I can appreciate a good carpet in bedrooms if that's your thing though)

To each their own, but wood and tile are so much easier to maintain and keep clean without even getting into aesthetics. I wear socks anyway but I don't find wood floors to be uncomfortably cold at all. Tile I can understand, but if it's really an issue I would just put in underfloor heating.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:43 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,508,250 times
Check out cork floors. I had them in my condo and they are great...softer than wood, quieter, virtually seamless, and really durable. They have a pretty wide range of colors so you could do something lighter or darker than the wood for contrast.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:08 AM

403 posts, read 867,335 times
We have Karndean in bathrooms, laundry & master bedroom, LOVE it.

Flooring Tiles | Commercial Flooring | Vinyl Floors - Karndean USA

Old 10-31-2012, 01:43 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,354,654 times
Default Good stuff!

Yep, the commercial grade vinyl is a too quality product that is EXTEREMELY durable, suitable for any kind of wet area, unique range of colors / patterns. It is not a bargain priced product but is a good value for a versatile material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2byte View Post
We have Karndean in bathrooms, laundry & master bedroom, LOVE it.

Flooring Tiles | Commercial Flooring | Vinyl Floors - Karndean USA

Old 10-31-2012, 01:55 AM

223 posts, read 514,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Good quality sheet vinyl; laminate floor that mimics or does not mimic wood; hardwood; vinyl tiles; cork.

or sheet vinyl that looks like stone........ceramic is sooo latin american.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,454 times
Carpet is unsanitary, holds odors and makes a home look cheap compared to a home with wood floors. You can get heated floors which is not really as expensive as you would think.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:55 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutyotsuk View Post
or sheet vinyl that looks like stone........ceramic is sooo latin american.

You can get ceramic tile that looks like wood floors now.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:58 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,627,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Good old-fashioned linoleum.
first, you know I love you!!

But here in Brooklyn it ain't called linoleum, .....it is called "earl cloth".......OMG, I m really showing my age.

But, laminate in a kitchen works nicely. My sister just got laminate in a tiled effect, and she said she dropped a glass on it, and it actually bounced.......she now loooooooooooves laminate and is not sorry she didn't get ceramic tile.

I think the reason was also the floors weren't perfectly level or something to that effect so the tiles would have cracked right away....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating