Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 09:49 PM

69 posts, read 80,046 times

Advertisements

So, I made design plans (though not done, here it is so far)

Questions are:
1. Where do I run ducts between basement, 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors (if needed)?
--Keep in mind there is 24" from lowered ceiling to upper original ceiling in all large rooms.
2. Where might I set closets if needed?

Ideas so far:
Basement: Old Laundry and mechanical perhaps to Wood Shop and storage
First floor - Click link to see designs
Second Floor Current
Second floor idea A - Click link to see designs
Second floor idea B - Click link to see designs
Third floor: Master bedroom or Office or Play room

- NeilP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 10:03 PM

27 posts, read 27,474 times
Program used to make the design plans: Punch Home Design.

Further thoughts: We'd like to add more on, such as a garden, or a garage.

Last edited by littlecoonie; 11-14-2012 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: Derp de derp derp derp

Old 11-18-2012, 09:08 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,834,033 times
Floor plan: I have a book of Sears houses that was published by The National Trust. There's a double house in there, and your house looks similar to a half of it. It's a deep rectangle (each half of the duplex iis), and there's a floor plan for 1st and 2nd floors, with an entrance door and straight stairway and it does show locations for closets. Looks like it also has a back stairs to the kitchen.

I don't know what books or web resources you have access to. But it you're interested in seeing this layout, PM me an email address and I'll scan it and send you a copy.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:24 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,025,167 times
Don't make original first floor kitchen a garage. Make it a breakfast room, large pantry, study, craft room or some useful area.

Don't build closets into the bedrooms. Instead make the small rooms next to each bedroom big walk in closets. You won't regret it.

Run the ductwork up in the center of the house, along the wall that shares the hallway. You build out a wall around the ductwork. It won't be noticeable if you make sure the trim matches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating