Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:50 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,218,289 times

Advertisements

Great info, thanks for the links. I took the test and I'm Left Brain 46% , Right Brain 54% so I'm creative. I had a pretty hard time with the test though, not actually finding an answer I liked, or a few of them seem like double negatives so it was pretty hard to follow and intentionally answer one way or another for me. Surprised me that Reality-based was one of my lowest scores and Fantasy-oriented was my highest. I would have thought just the opposite, and my family as well would have thought just the opposite of me. But after reading the explanations of each they do fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 06:42 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Interesting test. I'm Left Brain 40% and Right Brain 60%.

My highest left brain characteristic are Reality Based followed by Logical.

My highest right brain characteristics are Intuition followed by Fantasy Oriented.

This is very accurate. I was wondering if the test would accurately identify me as creative since my logical abilities usual skew tests.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:01 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I enjoyed the test, but did not find it very accurate. Maybe I misinterpreted some of the questions. It said I was slightly more left brained than right, which could not be true. I am a champ speller, but not good at math; the opposite of the analysis.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:03 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Wow, I am as I thought - nearly split down the middle with a slight creative edge - 51/49.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:16 PM

501 posts, read 1,474,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
Great info, thanks for the links. I took the test and I'm Left Brain 46% , Right Brain 54% so I'm creative. I had a pretty hard time with the test though, not actually finding an answer I liked, or a few of them seem like double negatives so it was pretty hard to follow and intentionally answer one way or another for me. Surprised me that Reality-based was one of my lowest scores and Fantasy-oriented was my highest. I would have thought just the opposite, and my family as well would have thought just the opposite of me. But after reading the explanations of each they do fit.
Glad you liked the links. I found them to be very interesting too and your score is close to mine. I found the questions to be a little tricky too and I wasn't quite sure how to answer them which could throw off the results. It said I tend to have trouble verbalizing and believe me I can verbalize quite well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Interesting test. I'm Left Brain 40% and Right Brain 60%.

My highest left brain characteristic are Reality Based followed by Logical.

My highest right brain characteristics are Intuition followed by Fantasy Oriented.

This is very accurate. I was wondering if the test would accurately identify me as creative since my logical abilities usual skew tests.
Hi Hopes! From reading your posts over the past several years your test scores don't surprise me. You alway give good logical and practical information and I think alot of which has been learned through experience. These tests are never 100% accurate but I know you are a creative person which the test reflected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I enjoyed the test, but did not find it very accurate. Maybe I misinterpreted some of the questions. It said I was slightly more left brained than right, which could not be true. I am a champ speller, but not good at math; the opposite of the analysis.
Hmmm, maybe try retaking the test. I found some of the questions a little confusing and as Kayekaye stated there appeared to be some double negative questions and it was often hard to find an answer that fit my abilities or lack thereof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Wow, I am as I thought - nearly split down the middle with a slight creative edge - 51/49.
I think I'm going to retake the test Kathryn of Aragon . The analysis I got was about 75% accurate but like I said I found a few of the questions a tad confusing. I want to see if I get a more accurate response next time.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read that rather lengthy post and sharing your results. It is a fun test. Glad you enjoyed it.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:26 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
You alway give good logical and practical information and I think alot of which has been learned through experience.
I'm not sure about the bold. People are generally born with strengths in intelligence. My abstract reasoning always scored very high on intelligence tests throughout my childhood and teen years. Since people's IQ doesn't change except by a few points throughout their lifetimes, that's another indication that most mental strengths aren't learned.

Even though I'm very creative, I have a difficult time identifying the underlying tones in a color. It's hard for me to see the pink base or the grey base. Some people can see that immediately without comparing two colors together. Some people are just neurologically gifted with eyesight that can notice these subtle differences. Since I'm fully aware of the undertones of colors, it's clear to me that I can't be taught to readily identify them. I think there is a minor level of color blindness that hasn't been classified, or a level of color acute awareness that hasn't been labeled, that contributes to people's abilities to see colors. The good thing is that I can tell when colors look good together, I just can't look at one color and readily say that has a lot of grey or brown or red in it without comparing it to another color. So, I have taught myself how to overcome this shortcoming, but I am in no way a gifted master of color. Thankfully, color is only a minor part of being creative in a small segment of creative areas.

As for good taste, I don't even think we can accurately define good taste because it's subjective. There are people who love cluttered country, and to them, that's good taste. I'm sure there are plastic-pink-flamingo-loving people who think antique Chippendale furniture is tacky. One thing I do know, I've always quickly identified the most expensive of anything in a store. Even as a small child, I would gravitate towards the item that cost the most without knowing prices. I'm a connoisseur of quality. If I loved plastic pink flamingos, I guarantee you that I would own the highest quality plastic pink flamingo available in the world. LOL

Old 12-29-2012, 04:13 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,146,766 times
Cool test. Im not surprised by the results. Left Brain 48% Right Brain 58%

Old 12-31-2012, 09:30 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
45 Left/55 Right. I know I have always learned differently from most people but I never knew what to call it back in school. Here's one example:

Intuitive Processing
Intuitive processing is a method that is used by the right hemisphere to process information based on if it "feels" right or not. For example, a right-brained person may choose an answer on a test because they had a "gut" feeling and often they will be correct. Another example of this is how a right-brained person will know the correct answer to a math problem but will not understand the procedure of how they arrived at the correct answer. A right-brained person will usually have to start with the answer and work their way backwards in order to be able to see and understand the parts and process that create the whole.

In school you never got any credit for getting the right answer in math--you had to show your work. Not any good for my style where I knew the answer but was clueless as to "how" I knew.

Another thing that hit the spot was how to give directions. My mind will just glaze over if someone says, "go three miles, take a left, then 2 miles and take a right." But if they describe it in pictures, "Turn at the barn, go past the house with the long white fence, around the curve where the tall trees stand, then straight until you see a wide flat meadow"--then I'm okay.

Pretty pathetic. oh well.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:42 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
one question on that quiz that puzzled me was the one about being a doctor, lawyer, librarian--because being a librarian is mostly nothing like the other two. That is, UNLESS, the librarian is a cataloger. Then you have to be picky and follow directions.

If you're not a cataloger then you might be a reference librarian, searching for information and that requires creativity. You might be a public services librarian whose main interest is in helping other people, whether it be by creating comfortable, inviting areas in which to read and learn, creating public programs that draw people into the library, etc. It's the usual stereotype of what librarians actually do, not what they really do. But then no test is perfect and this one was a good one.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:25 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
one question on that quiz that puzzled me was the one about being a doctor, lawyer, librarian--because being a librarian is mostly nothing like the other two. That is, UNLESS, the librarian is a cataloger. Then you have to be picky and follow directions.

If you're not a cataloger then you might be a reference librarian, searching for information and that requires creativity. You might be a public services librarian whose main interest is in helping other people, whether it be by creating comfortable, inviting areas in which to read and learn, creating public programs that draw people into the library, etc. It's the usual stereotype of what librarians actually do, not what they really do. But then no test is perfect and this one was a good one.
And conversely, while an architect might be assumed to be a right brain person, it's always seemed to me that they also have to be technical, numbers people, so therefore, balanced.
A physician needs to be very left brained and precise, except what if he is a plastic surgeon? Also must be balanced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating