Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 07:11 AM

210 posts, read 708,671 times

Advertisements

You could try BM:

Elmira White: elmira white HC-84 Paint - Benjamin Moore elmira white Paint Colour Details
Cloud White: cloud white OC-130 Paint - Benjamin Moore cloud white Paint Color Details
Steam: steam AF-15 Paint - Benjamin Moore steam Paint Color Details
White Dove: white dove PM-19 Paint - Benjamin Moore white dove Paint Color Details

Perhaps try doing a search for off white rooms on decor pad. They often list the paint color used and it will help you figure out what look you are going for.

Search - off white livingroom

All the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 02:31 PM

89 posts, read 174,862 times
Joules21
Excellant idea!!! I think I've decided on Navajo White. Going now to do a Google search to see if I can find any rooms I like, Thanks so much for the help.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:52 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,231,082 times
Try looking at pale yellows for your color, instead of whites. See if you can find what you like that way. Good luck.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:12 PM

935 posts, read 3,453,321 times
Have you talked to the store's color mixing expert? You can start with a stock color that you think is close and then work through the Pantone book until you find the right color. They should be able to mix any hue (chroma) in any shade (tint or tone), saturation (luminosity) and lightness. The only limitation here is whether or not you will be able to settle on a color. You sound analytical, like myself, and when I over think these things, I find it hard to ever find the "right" selection. They can do a quart for you to start. Do a wall and live with it for a couple days.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:00 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,238,045 times
If you don't find a white that you like, have you thought about gray? Here is a great grey neutral, which would go well with the colors you described. You can see a pic of it in a room here.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:08 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,261,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Thanks for the replies. Spent all afternoon searching the BM off white colors and alas Still haven't found what I'm looking for...
Did consider Mayonnaise, Ancient Ivory, Windham cream, Concord ivory, Timid white and a host of about a dozen other off whites. Will just have to go to the BM store and see if I can find a color.
for the member that asked for some suggestions on soft yellow colors I did find these -
BM mellow Yellow colors - Weston Flax, Ambiance, Hawthorne Yellow, Laguna Yellow, Fresh Butter, Treasure Trove ( Love this one ) Sunny days and Happily ever after ( would be IF I can find that PERFECT warm White with just a tint of brown and yellow )
Hoping everyone is having a Blessed Xmas and making memories that will last a lifetime....
You may be better off purchasing those test amounts of the colors you are leaning towards. Then you can really see what it looks like in your area, how the lighting affects it etc.
I agree, one of the hardest paint colors for me to choose is always an off-white or white....They have so many versions, and it is amazing how the slightest amount more grey, or yellow in the paint affects the overa appearance. Hope you find the perfect one for your project.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:55 PM

Silibran- Yes, did consider pale yellows, but prefer the brown range of colors. Still waiting for some pics of the color combinations you used. Sounded like our color choices were similar????
The Way I See Things - ( love this name ) No, haven't much confidence in the local Paint person at Ace where they carry the BM paints. What is a Pantone Book? Is it the same as a Fan Deck? Thanks for the other good advice.
CheyDee - I do like this BM Revere Pewter, but not envisioning a color match. Sorry, the thought of grey and Russett seems a bit nauseating to me. I do have grey tile in the foyer that this color would be a perfect match for so thanks for sending me the links. You may have easily solved another paint dilema for what color to do the Foyer in one room at a time and only 5 more rooms to do... whew
JanND - color and all its nuainces is the hardest thing to decide on WHICH color to use. I believe that wall color sets the stage for all other decorating themes. Glad to know you can see the problems I'm facing.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:39 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,238,045 times
Sorry, I missed the word "russet" and was thinking orange. I agree, russet and grey would be pretty fugly.

In that case... If you can't find a white you like, how about one of these colors at the bottom of the page?

Old 12-31-2012, 08:38 PM

CheyDee Thanks for that link. Very interesting color combos from lovely to fugly. Looked at all 18 pages.
I did find an off white that I really liked. Don't quite understand how the html codes work though...Going to explore the site some more just wanted to say thanks agian and Happy New Year.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:40 PM

CheyDee Thanks for that link. Very interesting color combos from lovely to fugly. Looked at all 18 pages.
I did find an off white that I really liked. Don't quite understand how the html codes work though...Going to explore the site some more just wanted to say thanks again and Happy New Year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating