Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 02:05 AM

1,654 posts, read 7,352,157 times

Advertisements

Revere Pewter goes with EVERYTHING. It's like a chameleon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 06:07 AM

89 posts, read 174,727 times
sorry, but have to disagree can't imagine a worse color combination other than orange and lime green. Also, Revere Pewter seems to be the fashion color at this time. I find it a bit too dark and overbearing... I am looking for a timeless color that can used with all colors without clashing. That is why I' concentrating on a warm off white. Thanks for your input though. Have any ideas on the whites???

Old 01-02-2013, 07:52 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,223,001 times
I am not clear on if you simply want a warm white or really an off-white. Either way...

White Dove and Cloud White fall into the first category
Natural Cream, Niveous, Marble White the second

Also, if you've not already, go to the Pottery Barn site and see featured BM colors in their rooms.

(Also, Pinterest has more paint suggestions than you will ever need.)

Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM

idlewile - Thanks for these color suggestions. Just when I thought I searched all the BM off whites and warm whites you provide me with some others! Thanks! I'm prefering a very warm white. Will check out the Pottery Barn examples, Thanks sooo much again

Old 01-03-2013, 08:13 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,140,913 times
This is your color. It has an orange base.

sepia tan 1116 Paint - Benjamin Moore sepia tan Paint Color Details

Here it is on the walls of this room, not the trim or ceiling, the walls.

Orange Bathroom Ideas - Jewel Box Orange Bathroom - Paint Color Schemes

Remember, we talked about orange bases, how there is no brown bases, and how your furniture color has an orange base.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 PM

Hopes- you're finally getting thru to me thick skull hehehehe. Thanks for those color examples,
I still want a WARM off white or white with orange/yellow undertones???????????
I like the antique parchment colors = light orange yellow with brown undertones??????? This is the way mine eyes see these type of colors. Funny, but even though I'll probably go with BM paint I find the colors I am drawn to are under the Valspar line. The BM colors seem a bit dead to me at least on my computer screen. I know this is the worst way to decide on a color but it's where I have to start.
Also, can I paint the ceiling the SAME color? Remember the ceiling is a high vaulted one. Would like to add a Faux Beam in the near future to warm up the large open high space and perhaps a few over the windows to create my Spanish style deco. Thanks again, hoping to go Monday to Lowe's for some paint chips or samples.
here are the ones I've chosen from Valspar-
Snowcap White c1202
Ivory Dust 7003-24
Chef White 7002 15 Really love this one I think
Statuesque 7002 5 Next favorite
Bistro White 7006
Dove White ????
Paparazzi Ar 1415
If you get a chance look them over and see if I'm on the right track Thanks I have really appreciated everyone's help and feedback.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:14 AM

1,654 posts, read 7,352,157 times
Pictures would be helpful, but I feel comfortable saying white of any shade will not do anything based on what I get from your description.

I think you need an actual color - of the warm neutral variety. Maybe a yellow. You'll never know until you get the paint on the wall. Testing is key.

Also, I was only just saying that Revere Pewter is an all around fantastic no fail color, not a recommendation. It's definitely not a fashion color, it's in the historic palette and gray goes with everything.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:27 AM

Pennquaker - Thanks for reply. I was concentrating on the Warm off whites because everything else in my decor will have bold colors, texture and form. I thought that white would be the best color so the room/space wouldn't become overbearing. Then there are the hidden and unknown " undertones " that all colors exhibit. This is the sole reason I am intimidated on my ability to find the right color for this large space of an open floor plan. I mostly find that most colors DON'T look good when viewing the mainstream ID schemes. I came away with " what were they thinking " even knowing colors are a very personal thang. So trying to find examples of color schemes actually applied to rooms is difficult. Belive me I have spent HOURS and hours trying to find an example of rooms/colors to inspire me on Houzz, Pinterest and scores of other places...
Didn't know that Revere Pewter was in the BM Historical Collection, just see IT everywhere, hence why I considered it the fad of the time. Thanks for the correction. Still can't agree that grey is a neutral color - again depends on the undertones. Something I did learn was the the reason the darker colors look so muddy is because black is used to darken them. Is this why some colors look dead and lifeless?
Can't do pics as my space is cluttered and everything covered in preparation for painting WHEN I FINALLY find the right color. Who knew that this would be the hardest part of decorating my first true home????
Has everyone else had this problem too????

Old 01-05-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
I still want a WARM off white or white with orange/yellow undertones???????????
That's the same thing. A warm off white is a white that has either red, yellow or orange undertones, or a combination of those undertones.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
here are the ones I've chosen from Valspar-
Snowcap White c1202
Ivory Dust 7003-24
Chef White 7002 15 Really love this one I think
Statuesque 7002 5 Next favorite
Bistro White 7006
Dove White ????
Paparazzi Ar 1415
If you get a chance look them over and see if I'm on the right track Thanks I have really appreciated everyone's help and feedback.
You're on the right track. The Bristo is terribly pale, I wouldn't get it.

Chef and Statuesque are very nice colors. I like Statuesque better, but it all depends on which looks best with the lighting in your house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating