Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 06:08 PM

89 posts, read 174,329 times

Advertisements

Greetings! Exhausted the archives looking for WARM off white color(s)from the BM paint line. I am grateful for members sharing other beautiful colors, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for. That's my theme song btw...
Who knew that picking the RIGHT color could be sooooooooooo difficult. Here's the thang My floor plan is an open one with vaulted 18 foot ceiling. Most of my furniture is ebony colored, sofa is a deep Russet Orange from Scan Design 30 years ago. Don't laugh I like it! My style is kinda like National Geographic meets Rustic Meditteranean with a small amount of eclectic thrown in. What some would consider mish mash, but not concerned what others think of my style. Not afraid of color, but due to the fact that all my other accesories are colorful such as Kilim carpets, wall art etc.
So am I correct in choosing the white colored walls given the info above? Any suggestions on a BM warm off white WITHOUT any pink, green or other wierd undertones. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 08:01 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,901,088 times
We are in the same boat, so I'm interested to hear suggestions. I believe we are going to use BM paint, but we picked a few colors from HD and ended up liking yellow-ish tones. They seem warm, but neutral and allow the white trim to pop a bit.

This is the flavor we are leaning towards, but keep in mind paint colors look different on computers.
cream yellow 2155-60 Paint - Benjamin Moore cream yellow Paint Color Details

Old 12-21-2012, 12:07 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,213,194 times
Not only does paint color look different on computers but the same paint looks different at different times of the day on your own walls depending on the amount of sunshine it gets. Paint also picks up color from it's surroundings and reflects it. So if it's crucial you should paint a large sample and live with it a bit to see the changes.

Since you don't want white white, then it will have an undertone, it will be made either cool or warm. You want warm and that sounds like a good choice with your furnishings, so it will have an undertone of yellows or beige.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:43 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,538,543 times
We have this colour (Pony Tail by Pittsburg paints) in our whole house (that we just built). PONY TAIL 315-4 - Voice of Color - PPG Pittsburgh Paints and PPG Porter Paints

We absolutely LOVE it. Very creamy, warm and homey. If you like earth tones for decor, this goes with all of them. BTW, for accent walls, we went with one maroon wall in our living room, and a warm darker brown wall behind our bed in our bedroom. Both look great with the Pony Tail.

Good luck, hope this helps!

Old 12-25-2012, 09:08 AM

347 posts, read 1,281,768 times
I have warm off white trim thoughout my house. I think you will like it. It's a color match from an existing paint chip. Lowes did the color match and I remember seeing a drop of yellow and brown during the mixing process. I can post the code later if you like.

BTW...the ceiling color matches the trim. I think it looks great. Here is a pic. The ceiling fan and wallplates are pure white. You can see the difference in color against the trim and ceiling.
Attached Thumbnails
BM color suggestions for WARM off white color-guest-room-paint.jpg  

Old 12-25-2012, 09:27 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,045,077 times
How about BM Mayonaise?

mayonnaise OC-85 Paint - Benjamin Moore mayonnaise Paint Colour Details

Old 12-25-2012, 09:30 AM

347 posts, read 1,281,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I would guess that is very close to what I have.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:00 PM

Default Many Thanks and Merry Xmas

Thanks for the replies. Spent all afternoon searching the BM off white colors and alas Still haven't found what I'm looking for...
Did consider Mayonnaise, Ancient Ivory, Windham cream, Concord ivory, Timid white and a host of about a dozen other off whites. Will just have to go to the BM store and see if I can find a color.
for the member that asked for some suggestions on soft yellow colors I did find these -
BM mellow Yellow colors - Weston Flax, Ambiance, Hawthorne Yellow, Laguna Yellow, Fresh Butter, Treasure Trove ( Love this one ) Sunny days and Happily ever after ( would be IF I can find that PERFECT warm White with just a tint of brown and yellow )
Hoping everyone is having a Blessed Xmas and making memories that will last a lifetime....

Old 12-25-2012, 02:22 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,932,292 times
I know you're looking for BM, but have you considered farrow and ball? They have a unique neutral palate

Old 12-25-2012, 07:46 PM

Default warm whites

Kelly need to do BM paints only cause I'm in the boonies and Ace is the closest paint dealer to me. I'm afraid that shipping a few gallons would be cost prohibitive. Thanks though Yvonne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating