Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 05:05 AM

4,843 posts, read 3,270,079 times

Advertisements

Ugh. I enjoyed these two for a long time, but the only reason I watch now is to see how hideous the backsplash tile will be. Obviously some folks like it, but I just can't see that trend lasting very long.

And I'm a long way from California, but if I was paying a million dollars for a 1200 sf house, I sure as hell don't want the cheapest RTA white plastic cabinets and click-lock engineered flooring Christina can find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 05:29 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I sort of like the show, because it’s nice to see them getting along despite their past. The taste is questionable, but Ive seen worse.

I will never understand the prices in California. Or that anyone would spend $750000 on a 1200 dump. I much prefer the shows that have $100k houses.

It’s nice how Tarek actually does a little work now. In the old days, he didn’t seem to know which end of the hammer to hold.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:06 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
These people are just trash, promoting scam "Flip With OPM and Get Rich" fake seminars. Awful scammers.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/watc...re-misleading/

Yup. I did what the Watchdog did, and went to one of the "seminars," which was classic, complete with paid shills.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/watc...na-disappoint/

Old 10-13-2019, 06:27 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
I rarely watch this show if ever, it is a 4 a.m.'r and there is nothing else to watch on the tv. I get bored by these two easily. Maybe because everything they do seems so fadish in my mind. While I am not a farm house type, I much prefer the Gainse's to these two. I live at the beach don't have a beach house but rather a very traditional style home with some beach accents here and there. There is a show on locally Big Beach Builds on DIY that I love, but I think it has more to do with knowing the area. For example a beach house for a large family, in the kids rooms she built bunk beds that resemble sailboats in the boys room. Again, not my style but I can appreciate her talents.

Old 10-13-2019, 02:24 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Ugh. I enjoyed these two for a long time, but the only reason I watch now is to see how hideous the backsplash tile will be. Obviously some folks like it, but I just can't see that trend lasting very long.

And I'm a long way from California, but if I was paying a million dollars for a 1200 sf house, I sure as hell don't want the cheapest RTA white plastic cabinets and click-lock engineered flooring Christina can find.

They did exactly what HGTV wants out of them- they got you to watch their "entertainment"!

So, what da think about it now!?

Old 10-13-2019, 03:39 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,429 times
I used to watch this show, but I got tired of the same generic, plastic design over and over. Some of the other spin-offs are better. In particular, I think it is the Atlanta version that I liked a lot more. The renovations have been much more interesting and innovative, IMO.

I haven't seen Atlanta on in a while, so maybe it was canceled. On the other hand, I moved last year, so I no longer have a season recording set up. If I catch an ad for it, I'll record it again.

Old 10-13-2019, 04:05 PM
KCZ

4,669 posts, read 3,663,822 times
Speaking as someone who recently renovated a house, albeit in a part of the country where RE values are a very small fraction of southern Calif, I'm stunned to hear them saying they can gut and replace an entire med-large kitchen for $8-10K. They must be using crap materials and illegal labor, because I can barely buy all the appliances for $5-6K, let alone plumbing, wiring, cabinets, flooring, fixtures, installation, materials disposal fees, etc. Ditto for their bathroom reno's. I watch the show now and then just to see what they're doing, but I wouldn't want them doing a reno on my home. Nor would I want some of the staging companies decorating my home.

Old 10-13-2019, 05:28 PM

30,521 posts, read 16,213,477 times
Most of the country has more reasonably priced homes than CA.

Most of the current HGTV shows are variations of the same: find a house, remodel a house (whether it needs it or not), ooh and aah over the house.

Haven't seen any shows with Tarek and Christina but if you've seen one remodel/decorate show, you've seen them all.

Old 10-14-2019, 06:13 AM

4,843 posts, read 3,270,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
They did exactly what HGTV wants out of them- they got you to watch their "entertainment"!

So, what da think about it now!?
Same thing. Used to be better, now I think she's gone nutty. Went in a tiles superstore the other day, though, and about half of it was the hideous (to me) stuff. So I guess it's 'current'.

And for the record, HGTV is counting on me watching the commercials, which I fast forward through. CBS on demand seems like the only ones smart enough to take that option away.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:43 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Same thing. Used to be better, now I think she's gone nutty. Went in a tiles superstore the other day, though, and about half of it was the hideous (to me) stuff. So I guess it's 'current'.

And for the record, HGTV is counting on me watching the commercials, which I fast forward through. CBS on demand seems like the only ones smart enough to take that option away.

Comcast on demand does not permit fast forwarding. If you DVR it, you can skip the Commercials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating