Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 04:16 AM

139 posts, read 409,054 times

Advertisements

on line tonight looking at furniture. I am remodeling my apt.

What is you opinion on La z boy sofas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 08:46 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
I used to sell lazy boy. they have two or three lines of price points. the very lower end is about the quality of other lower end furniture. they do make a decent sofa. are you looking at the reclining sofas or the stationary? as far as customer service if something goes wrong, I can tell you you will either hate or love their customer service. in my ten years selling the brand there really was no in between. my best advise is to buy to the best of your budget and enjoy. most fabric wears out and gets ugly way before the construction of the sofa breaks down, this goes even for the cheaper models. most of the time you can also feel the difference between how a lower end sofa "sits" and a higher end. do a comparission sit test and you will see for your self. oh and always ask for a discount, LB has at least a ten percent play in their prices.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,607,951 times
I worked for a furniture seller in New Orleans, yes he is still in business- bigger than ever, and I learned a lesson working in the back office- Never Pay Retail. There are huge markups on furniture and if the owner buys seconds and has them repaired and refurbished and sold as new there is even more markup. Always demand a discount and the more you buy the bigger the discount. I saw Baker side chairs bought for $50.00 with the backs broken and later sold as new for $400.00 as new. The buying of seconds is not unique to this seller and another local furniture chain that now is out of business did the same thing.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I used to sell lazy boy. they have two or three lines of price points. the very lower end is about the quality of other lower end furniture. they do make a decent sofa. are you looking at the reclining sofas or the stationary? as far as customer service if something goes wrong, I can tell you you will either hate or love their customer service. in my ten years selling the brand there really was no in between. my best advise is to buy to the best of your budget and enjoy. most fabric wears out and gets ugly way before the construction of the sofa breaks down, this goes even for the cheaper models. most of the time you can also feel the difference between how a lower end sofa "sits" and a higher end. do a comparission sit test and you will see for your self. oh and always ask for a discount, LB has at least a ten percent play in their prices.

thank you for all this info. this is the sofa its called the Eden and I want the Zebra print fabric
Current Cover
Cover Type: Fabric
Cover Color: Ebony (P947050)
Pillow Cover Color: Ebony (P947050)
Eden Sofa & Ottoman W/ Chaise Cushion link

Eden - Official La-Z-Boy Website

Thanks also for telling me about the discount you say at least a 10 percent what is the max you can ask....

Old 01-13-2013, 05:53 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit Karson View Post
thank you for all this info. this is the sofa its called the Eden and I want the Zebra print fabric
Current Cover
Cover Type: Fabric
Cover Color: Ebony (P947050)
Pillow Cover Color: Ebony (P947050)
Eden Sofa & Ottoman W/ Chaise Cushion link

Eden - Official La-Z-Boy Website

Thanks also for telling me about the discount you say at least a 10 percent what is the max you can ask....
start asking for 20% you may get 15% special order fabric it is a bit harder for them to give too much of a discount, but it is still built into the price. I would also ask for free delivery and free fabric treatment. fabric treatment cost them next to nothing. how willing they are to give you the discounts will likely be how much of a margin on that item they have and how much they have already discounted for the month.

your sofa will look great in zebra

Old 01-13-2013, 06:02 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,738,315 times
We have a leather Lazy Boy reclining sofa and chair. They've been great we've had them about 7 years and they get lots of use. They were expensive but have been worth it.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:37 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
I know you mentioned a sofa but I was very disappointed in the leather recliner we bought 2 yrs ago. Its leather but apparently cheap leather with a spray on dye. Well this what I have learned since then. The color on the chair has worn off on the arms. It looks terrible. You would think I have owned this chair 20 yrs. We paid a 1,000 bucks for it. I definitely felt cheated on that purchase.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:15 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
We bought a nice fashionable recliner and we like it a lot. It is leather which we chose, so it was custom. When we looked at the Lazy Boy store, I noticed low end and high end. Buy the best you can afford.
To fallingwater: did you contact the seller to complain?

Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
We bought a nice fashionable recliner and we like it a lot. It is leather which we chose, so it was custom. When we looked at the Lazy Boy store, I noticed low end and high end. Buy the best you can afford.
To fallingwater: did you contact the seller to complain?
Yes, got a lot of fake empathy and was told there is only a 1 year warranty on the leather. This is what it looks like. My family had purchased lazy boy chairs for years so when my husband requested a recliner we went there. I have hated this chair since the day we brought it home. Its extremely loud when closing. The leather at first was so slick you could slide right out of it. Im short so I would have keep a good grip on the floor with my foot. I never sat in it. Now that its worn, sliding off is no longer a problem but you seem to take the coloring with you.

Attachment 106100

Last edited by fallingwater; 03-18-2013 at 01:10 AM..

Old 01-14-2013, 01:57 AM

thanks for all this info .......... but now i say this with a chuckle not rude....... HEY there is no Y in La Z Boy . lol most of you added a y........... and so did I when i was trying to google it lol until i was surpised there is no Y
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating