Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 08:44 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

Ok, this is the guest bedroom. It was my SOs ex gfs daughters room and his ex had him paint the room AND ceiling this color. I am using a wallpaper scorer as well as fabric softener on the border. Lord help me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 08:49 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,480 times
As blinding that looks to me now, I can imagine it was a little girl's dream room! It really is not that bad. I have seen kids rooms that are so covered with stickers and posters, that getting down to a paintable surface took forever. What are your plans for it?

Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
I think it's sweet that they went to the trouble to create a special room for the little girl.

Once you get the border off, the room will be a blank slate.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 AM

Oh we got most all the things down. All the posters, etc, that she used double sided tape to put them up with. There are still stickers all over.

Yep, I am sure it was a great little girls room. I think it would have been better had the ceiling not been painted how it was.

I have another thread asking for ideas. We are going to put 2 twin beds in there. I am looking for some head/foot boards. What I would really love is to find some old iron headboards but it is not happening. I think I am just going to work with greens and blues.....maybe.

I have been looking for the comforters I want and then will choose paint from there.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I think it's sweet that they went to the trouble to create a special room for the little girl.

Once you get the border off, the room will be a blank slate.
Well they didn't actually go through the trouble, she ordered him what to do and he did it. When they moved in (his ex and her daughter) the daughter was 5 so I would imagine she loved the room.

I am working on the border a little at a time, but it is a little hard for me because I have quite a bit of pain in my hands...guess that is what c-d breaks are for! =)

Old 01-24-2013, 09:06 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,480 times
We bought this home and spent the months taking down wallpaper. We still have a few rooms to go so I feel your pain. The blue/ green combo sounds pretty and I think you are smart to find the bedding first. Good luck with your project!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
We bought this home and spent the months taking down wallpaper. We still have a few rooms to go so I feel your pain. The blue/ green combo sounds pretty and I think you are smart to find the bedding first. Good luck with your project!
Thank you!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
I have a photo taken in my living room in the late 70s... and I wonder if I was temporarily insane at the time.... its a silver backed wallpaper with big peach roses on the main wall.. what was I thinking.... I remember carrying the wallpaper rolls home on the bus and thinking how well Id done and how beautiful my living room would look.... I have a photo of this creation but too ashamed to show it

Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Well they didn't actually go through the trouble, she ordered him what to do and he did it.
I was gently deflecting your original negativity towards the ex that showed through in your first post.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:30 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Oh we got most all the things down. All the posters, etc, that she used double sided tape to put them up with. There are still stickers all over.

Yep, I am sure it was a great little girls room. I think it would have been better had the ceiling not been painted how it was.

I have another thread asking for ideas. We are going to put 2 twin beds in there. I am looking for some head/foot boards. What I would really love is to find some old iron headboards but it is not happening. I think I am just going to work with greens and blues.....maybe.

I have been looking for the comforters I want and then will choose paint from there.

Have you checked Amazon for twin sized iron headboards (I just did but I can't get a link to work). They have some nice looking ones, in various colors besides metal tones, and varying prices. If I were looking for myself I would probably check them out. I have wonderful luck with Amazon and I love free shipping!!! The carpet in the pic looks more lavender. You could probably find a couple of throw or braided rugs that have the blues, greens, and lavender mixed in to help pull it together. I can't wait to see the finished product - whatever you choose will be an improvement and also remove the daily reminder of who/what was living in the house before you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating