Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 06:28 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,356,199 times

Advertisements

I recently:
-Bought a hutch for the computer, which is great because it gives me a lot more room to work with.
-Tracked down a specific floor lamp finally at Target #4, because the others all supposedly had it "in stock" and it was no where to be found.

Oh right and I purchased this for my table. Because I'm a scientist and I think it looks cool:

Attachment 127920

Last edited by city living; 03-28-2016 at 06:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 08:41 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
I have decided to do more seasonal decorating than I used to, but low key. I found several egg shaped stones in different colors at a local thrift shop. I bought them, and then found two more at the Goodwiil. I have them displayed on my coffee table. I think they are pretty, without being fussy, and I will have them for next spring too.

To display them,I stuck two square plates together, bottoms facing, with museum putty. The bottom plate is the pedestal, and the top plate displays the eggs.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:07 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I put my dog food in a large kitchen metal container that is used for garbage. I pop the lid and scoop the food out. I also have a plastic container with a twist lid to bring when I travel and bring the dog along on trips.

Amazon.com: Trash Cans: Home & Kitchen

Sort of like this..
If you buy cat litter, or have a friend who does, The big plastic Tidy Cat litter tubs are great for storing pet food. Not pretty, but functional.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:10 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,937 times
I purchased a little thing about 30 years ago. It's a very small, soap dish size, brass clawfooted bath tub. I still love it and always have it somewhere in whatever bathroom I am living in at the time. I can throw things away, give things away, change my decor, but I always have my little brass bath tub. LOL!

Old 05-23-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I purchased a little thing about 30 years ago. It's a very small, soap dish size, brass clawfooted bath tub. I still love it and always have it somewhere in whatever bathroom I am living in at the time. I can throw things away, give things away, change my decor, but I always have my little brass bath tub. LOL!
You reminded me that, before I moved, I had a collection of metal (bronze?) elephants in graduated sizes on the vanity. Some were very old, that were my grandmother's, and others I collected over the years. I haven't seen them since I moved. I need to find them and put them out again.

Little collections of things, tucked here and there, make me happy.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:30 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,676,653 times
In the house we just moved into, part of the kitchen (where the sink is) is open to the great room. I didn't like seeing any clutter around the sink when I'm sitting on the sofa, so instead of having the bottles of dish washing liquid, hand soap, and hand lotion, I came up with this pretty alternative. The colored bottles were on clearance at Kirklands, then I was lucky enough to find a tray in the perfect size and color at Target. This little set of bottles makes me smile! Also, I set a rectangular planter there to help obstruct the view into the kitchen.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:24 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,743,861 times
I love those bottles, Kayanne! So pretty! I saw some similar ones somewhere recently, I need to remember where.

I've been thinking about doing something similar in my bathroom (for hand soap, lotion, and facial wash/makeup remover). Seeing how pretty it looks in your kitchen has convinced me!

Are you going to label the bottles, or do you have an easy way to remember what each one contains? I'm thinking about if you had houseguests. (And thinking about ways to keep my boyfriend from washing his hands with my makeup remover!)

Old 05-27-2014, 01:06 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,676,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
I love those bottles, Kayanne! So pretty! I saw some similar ones somewhere recently, I need to remember where.

I've been thinking about doing something similar in my bathroom (for hand soap, lotion, and facial wash/makeup remover). Seeing how pretty it looks in your kitchen has convinced me!

Are you going to label the bottles, or do you have an easy way to remember what each one contains? I'm thinking about if you had houseguests. (And thinking about ways to keep my boyfriend from washing his hands with my makeup remover!)
Thanks Wry!

I didn't label the bottles, because houseguests wouldn't generally be using my kitchen sink. It's easy enough for me to remember which is which, plus the bottles are someone transparent so I can see which is which also.

But initially I thought I might print out some labels, using the clear self-stick address labels made for a printer, and use a pretty font.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:10 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
I cant wait to move so i can add to this thread!! I want little things, big things, all kinds of things!

Old 03-25-2015, 04:47 PM

Reviving this thread, because I want to hear about more little things you have bought. Especially when they are the boost that leads to other things.
Today, we are adding wood floor to our dining room so I feel like I want to paint the area below the chair rail a dark navy blue. I just picked up a bunch of sample colors to look at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating